Topics similar to or like 1958 Notting Hill race riots
The Notting Hill race riots were a series of racially motivated riots that took place in Notting Hill, England, between 29 August and 5 September 1958. Wikipedia
Annual event that has taken place in London since 1966 on the streets of the Notting Hill area of Kensington, each August over two days . Led by members of the British West Indian community, and attracts around two and a half million people annually, making it one of the world's largest street festivals, and a significant event in Black British culture. Wikipedia
Sentences for1958 Notting Hill race riots
- Lucas responds by blackmailing Patrick, threatening to tell Denise about his criminal past during the 1958 Notting Hill race riots when Patrick was convicted of assault.
- In late August and early September 1958, the Notting Hill race riots occurred.
- Another historical event vital to the film was the 1958 Notting Hill race riots occasioned by the murder of a Black British man; these protests showed the presence of a Black community within England.
- Mosley and Alexander were photographed posing as Teddy Boys in Notting Hill during the 1958 race riots between Afro-Caribbeans and local white gangs of Teddy Boys.
- The first major incident occurred in 1958 in Notting Hill, when roaming gangs of between 300 and 400 white youths attacked Afro-Caribbeans and their houses across the neighbourhood, leading to a number of Afro-Caribbean men being left unconscious in the streets.
- Together the two groups embarked on a project of stirring up racial tensions among white Britons and black Caribbean immigrants in Notting Hill.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1958 Notting Hill race riots