Military conflicts similar to or like 1959 Tibetan uprising
Reached in 1951. Wikipedia
Prolonged public disagreement over the extent and nature of serfdom in Tibet prior to the annexation of Tibet into the People's Republic of China in 1951. Political in nature with the ultimate goal on the Chinese side of legitimizing Chinese control of the territory now known as the Tibet Autonomous Region or Xizang Autonomous Region. Wikipedia
Document by which the delegates of the 14th Dalai Lama, sovereign of the de facto state of Tibet, reached an agreement in 1951 with the Central People's Government of the newly established People's Republic of China on affirming Chinese sovereignty over Tibet. Mutually welcomed by both governments as well as by the Tibetan people. Wikipedia
Tibetan aristocrat and politician who held a variety of positions in various Tibetan governments before and after 1951. Lungsharwa Dorje Tsegyel, an influential official in the Lhasa government and a favourite of the 13th Dalai Lama's. His mother was Yangdzon Tsering, the Shatra family's youngest daughter, with whom Lungshar had been having an affair. Wikipedia
Sentences for1959 Tibetan uprising
- The PLA used Hui soldiers, who formally had served under Ma Bufang, as well as Salafi soldiers, to crush the Tibetan revolt in Amdo during the 1959 Tibetan uprising.
- The effect on Tibet had been particularly severe as it came following the repression after the 1959 Tibetan uprising.
- Fearing for his life in the wake of a revolt in Tibet in 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama fled to India, from where he led a government in exile.
- There had been a series of violent border skirmishes between the two countries after the 1959 Tibetan uprising, when India granted asylum to the Dalai Lama.
- The palace was moderately damaged during the Tibetan uprising against the Chinese in 1959, when Chinese shells were launched into the palace's windows.
- During the 1959 Tibetan uprising, the Dalai Lama escaped to India, where he currently lives in exile while remaining the most important spiritual leader of Tibet.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1959 Tibetan uprising