Daytona 500s similar to or like 1979 Daytona 500
The second race of the 1979 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season. Wikipedia
The thirty-third season of professional stock car racing in the United States and the 10th modern-era Cup Season. The season began at Riverside International Raceway with the first Winston Western 500 on January 11, 1981 and ended with the same event on November 22. Wikipedia
Sentences for1979 Daytona 500
- The 1979 Daytona 500 would be an early season precursor for the remaining nine months of the racing season.
- In 1979, the Daytona 500 became the first stock car race that was nationally televised live from flag to flag on CBS.
- Early in the 1979 Daytona 500, Bobby, his brother Donnie and rival Cale Yarborough tangled early in the race.
- Cale nearly won the 1979 Daytona 500, but was involved in a confrontation between himself and the Allison brothers on the final lap.
- Bobby and Donnie's televised fistfight with Cale Yarborough at the 1979 Daytona 500 has been credited with exposing NASCAR to a nationwide audience.
- France signed a deal with CBS Sports' president Neal Pilson to televise the 1979 Daytona 500 from flag to flag.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1979 Daytona 500