Daytona 500s similar to or like 1989 Daytona 500
Held February 19, 1989, at Daytona International Speedway, in Daytona Beach, Florida. Wikipedia
Sentences for1989 Daytona 500
- Furthermore, the size of the restrictor plates' four openings were increased to its largest size since the 1989 Daytona 500 of 63/64-inches for more horsepower.
- In their first race together, the Daytona 500, Mast drove the unsponsored car to a sixth-place finish, an accomplishment he later said was the one he was the most proud of.
- In the first race of 1989, the Daytona 500, Waltrip won the race for the first time in his 17th attempt with a fuel conservation strategy along with his long-time crew-chief Jeff Hammond, making his final pit stop for fuel a distant 53 laps (132 miles) from the finish.
- In 1989 he posted the fastest time in third-day qualifying for the Daytona 500, but did not compete in the race or in the Twin 125 qualifying races.
- 1989 winner Darrell Waltrip had a transmission failure that would cost him 20 laps to repair.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1989 Daytona 500