Indy500s similar to or like 1993 Indianapolis 500
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana on Sunday, May 30, 1993. Wikipedia
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, on Sunday, May 24, 1992. Famous for the fierce battle in the closing laps, as race winner Al Unser, Jr. held off second place Scott Goodyear for the victory by 0.043 seconds, the closest finish in Indy history. Wikipedia
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, on Sunday May 29, 1988. Team Penske dominated the month, sweeping the top three starting positions with Rick Mears winning the pole position, Danny Sullivan at the center of the front row, and Al Unser, Sr. on the outside. Wikipedia
Sentences for1993 Indianapolis 500
- At the Indianapolis 500, the team once again acquired sponsorship from Viper Auto Security, and restored a Buick engine to the chassis.
- Luyendyk won the pole position for the Indy 500 and finished second to Fittipaldi, Ganassi's former driver in his partnership with Patrick.
- The 1993 Indianapolis 500 was Andretti's last notable run, and he had just come off a victory at Phoenix.
- He was joined beginning with the 1993 Indianapolis 500 by Willy T. Ribbs who raced with the team until the end of the 1994 season.
- In 1993 he added a second Indianapolis 500 victory by taking the lead from defending Formula One World Champion Nigel Mansell on lap 185 and holding it for the remainder.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1993 Indianapolis 500