Aircraft occurrences similar to or like 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision
Ilyushin Il-76 en route from Chimkent, Kazakhstan , to Delhi, collided over the village of Charkhi Dadri, around west of Delhi. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 cargo aircraft operated by that Belarusian airline that crashed in the outskirts of Mogadishu, Somalia, on 23 March 2007, during the Battle of Mogadishu. Carrying repair equipment and humanitarian aid. Wikipedia
Scheduled domestic passenger flight operated by an Ilyushin Il-18B that crashed during the cruise phase of the flight en route to Sochi on Wednesday 17 December 1961, resulting in the death of all 59 people on board. An investigation revealed the aircraft entered a steep dive after the flaps were accidentally extended. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 military transport aircraft of the Algerian Air Force crashed shortly after take-off from Boufarik Airport, Boufarik, Algeria, which is near Blida and south-west of the capital, Algiers. All 257 people on board were killed, making the accident the deadliest air crash on Algerian soil. Wikipedia
Scheduled domestic passenger flight operated by Alliance Air, a subsidiary of the airline Indian, from Kolkata's Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport to Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. On 17 July 2000, while on approach to its first stopover in Patna, the Boeing 737-2A8 operating the route nose-dived and crashed into a residential area in Patna, killing 60 people including 5 on the ground. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-14M, operating as Aeroflot Flight 831, a scheduled domestic passenger flight from Moscow-Bykovo Airport to Simferopol Airport, Crimea collided in the air on 23 June 1969 with an Antonov An-12BP of the Soviet Air Force over the Yukhnovsky district of Kaluga Oblast, in the Russian SFSR of the Soviet Union. All 120 occupants of both aircraft perished in the crash. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 aircraft configured for aerial firefighting and belonging to the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations crashed near Lake Baikal northeast of Irkutsk in Siberia, Russia. All ten crew members were killed. Wikipedia
Japan Airlines flight from Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok, Thailand to Palam International Airport in New Delhi, India. On June 14, 1972 the Douglas DC-8-53 crashed outside of the New Delhi airport, killing 82 of 87 occupants: 10 of 11 crew members and 72 of 76 passengers. Wikipedia
Indian Airlines Airbus A300 en route from Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal to Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India on Friday, 24 December 1999, when it was hijacked and flown to several locations before landing in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Accused of the hijacking with the support and active assistance from ISI. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 freighter aircraft, operated by the Armenian cargo airline Air Highnesses on behalf of Congolese cargo airline Aéro-Service, crashed on landing at Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, killing all five occupants and 26 people on the ground. On a domestic flight from Pointe Noire Airport to Maya-Maya Airport and was attempting to land on runway 5L in heavy rain when it clipped high trees about 1000 meters from the runway threshold, disintegrating over 500 meters. Wikipedia
On 5 September 2015, CEIBA Intercontinental Flight 71, a Boeing 737 passenger jet en route from Dakar, Senegal, to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, collided mid-air with a Hawker Siddeley HS-125 air ambulance jet operated by Senegalair. Slightly damaged and managed to land safely at Malabo, but the HS-125, after remaining airborne for almost an hour with the crew unresponsive, eventually crashed into the ocean, killing all seven people on board. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 owned by Ukrainian Cargo Airways accidentally opened mid-flight while the aircraft was flying over Mbuji-Mayi with more than 160 people on board. Conducting a civilian transport from Kinshasa in the southwest of the country to Lubumbashi in the southeast of the country. Wikipedia
On July 27, 2007, two AS-350 AStar helicopters from television stations KNXV-TV and KTVK collided in mid-air over Phoenix, Arizona, while covering a police pursuit. On board the two aircraft were four people in total – a pilot and a photographer in each helicopter – all of whom were killed, while no casualties were reported on the ground. Wikipedia
Ilyushin Il-76 transport aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force was shot down by forces of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic while on approach to land at Luhansk International Airport, Ukraine, during the course of the war in Donbass. Carrying troops and equipment from an undisclosed location. Wikipedia
On 22 December 2015, a light aircraft of the Indian Border Security Force crashed within the grounds of Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India. Ten personnel of the Border Security Force, three officers and seven senior technicians, were killed. Wikipedia
Scheduled Soviet domestic passenger flight from Komsomolsk-on-Amur to Blagoveshchensk that collided mid-air on 24 August 1981 with a Tupolev Tu-16K strategic bomber over Zavitinsky District in Amur Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union . Altitude of 5220 m, killing 37 people on both aircraft. Wikipedia
Scheduled Saudia passenger flight that caught fire after takeoff from Riyadh International Airport en route to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on 19 August 1980. All 287 passengers and 14 crew on board the Lockheed L-1011-200 TriStar died from smoke inhalation after the aircraft made a successful emergency landing at Riyadh. Wikipedia
McDonnell Douglas DC-9-15 jet airliner, registration N1063T, operated by Trans World Airlines in American airspace en route from Pittsburgh to Dayton. While descending toward Dayton about 29 miles from the airport, the flight collided in midair with a Beechcraft Baron (a small general-aviation airplane) near Urbana, Ohio, on March 9, 1967. Wikipedia
Sentences for1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision
- It remained the deadliest single-aircraft accident until the crash of Japan Airlines flight 123 on 12 August 1985, and the deadliest aviation accident without survivors until the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision on 12 November 1996.
- Kazakhstan Airlines was involved in the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision, which occurred on 12 November 1996 and—with its 349 fatalities—marks one of the deadliest air disasters in history.
- It was also the deadliest aviation accident in India until the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision in 1996.
- ;1996The airport was involved in the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision when a Saudia Boeing 747-100B, climbing out after take-off, collided with an incoming Kazakhstan Airlines Ilyushin Il-76 chartered by a fashion company, causing the deaths of all 349 people on board the two planes.
- 349: On November 12, 1996, the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision took place between Saudia Flight 763 and Kazakhstan Airlines Flight 1907 over Charkhi Dadri, India.
- Kazakhstan Airlines was an airline from Kazakhstan, serving as national flag carrier of the country from its independence in 1991 until 1996, when this role was transferred to Air Kazakhstan following the disaster of Flight 1907.
- The greatest number of fatalities from a midair collision occurred at the Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision, to the west of New Delhi, India on 12 November 1996 when a Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747-100B en route from Delhi to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, collided with Kazakhstan Airlines Ilyushin Il-76 en route from Chimkent, Kazakhstan to Delhi, killing all 349 people aboard both the airplanes.
- On November 12th, 1996, the wreckage of an Illyushin II-76TD aircraft involved in the Charkhi Dadri Mid Air Collision hit the ground in the village premises.
- Examples include the Tenerife accident in 1977 (583 dead) or the 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision (349 dead).
- Sanjeev Nag edited the documentary film Head On Air Crash (aka Head On!) (2003), regarding the fatal 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision at Delhi's IGI Airport.
- With its 158 fatalities, Flight 812 remains the deadliest accident involving the Boeing 737 Next Generation aircraft and was the deadliest accident involving all variants of Boeing 737 until Lion Air Flight 610 crashed in 2018 with 189 fatalities, and the third deadliest aviation disaster in India, after the 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision and the 1978 crash of Air India Flight 855.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision