Indy500s similar to or like 1996 Indianapolis 500
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana on Sunday, May 26, 1996. Wikipedia
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, on Sunday, May 24, 1992. Famous for the fierce battle in the closing laps, as race winner Al Unser, Jr. held off second place Scott Goodyear for the victory by 0.043 seconds, the closest finish in Indy history. Wikipedia
Sentences for1996 Indianapolis 500
- In response to CART's 1996 schedule that put several races in direct conflict with the first Indy Racing League events, George announced that 25 of the 33 starting positions at the 1996 Indy 500 would be reserved for the top 25 cars in IRL points standings.
- Cheever ran for Team Menard for the three-race series, and at the 1996 Indianapolis 500, he set the fastest race lap to date at 236.103 mi/h.
- At the 1996 Indy 500, the "Ilmor Mercedes-Benz D" was used by Galles Racing, and finished second, the powerplant's one and only start in an IRL-sanctioned race.
- Still in pain and walking with a cane, Lazier returned two months later for the season-ending race, the Indianapolis 500.
- Lazier scored the first win of his Indy car career and Hemelgarn's first as a team in a gutsy drive while recovering from a back injury in the 1996 Indianapolis 500.
- At the Indianapolis 500 Kanaan won the Scott Brayton Award for showing the spirit of the late Scott Brayton, who was killed while practicing for the 1996 Indianapolis 500.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 1996 Indianapolis 500