Civilian attacks similar to or like 2008 Mumbai attacks
Extremist organisation, carried out 12 coordinated shooting and bombing attacks lasting four days across Mumbai. Wikipedia
Pakistani militant and a member of the Lashkar-e-Taiba Islamist militant organization, through which he took part in the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks in Maharashtra, India. Kasab, alongside fellow Lashkar-e-Taiba recruit Ismail Khan, killed 72 people during the attacks, most of them at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. Wikipedia
The 2011 Mumbai bombings were a series of three coordinated bomb explosions at different locations in Mumbai, India, on 13 July 2011 between 18:54 and 19:06 IST. The blasts occurred at the Opera House, at Zaveri Bazaar and at Dadar West localities, leaving 26 killed and 130 injured. Wikipedia
Sentences for2008 Mumbai attacks
- In 2008, a series of ten coordinated attacks by armed terrorists for three days resulted in 173 deaths, 308 injuries, and severe damage to several heritage landmarks and prestigious hotels.
- In September 2010, Khan was reported to have claimed during an interview on a Pakistani channel that the 26/11 attacks got a lot of attention because the "elite" were targeted.
- After the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, Modi held a meeting to discuss the security of Gujarat's 1600 km-long coastline, resulting in government authorisation of 30 high-speed surveillance boats.
- According to a Los Angeles Times news story the 2008 Mumbai attacks were an attack on the growing India-Israel partnership.
- Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Kashmiri militant group which is thought to be behind 2008 Mumbai attacks, is also known to have strong ties to senior al-Qaeda leaders living in Pakistan.
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) was created by the UPA government soon after the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, in response to the need for a central agency to combat terrorism.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2008 Mumbai attacks