Individual golf tournaments similar to or like 2008 Open Championship
Men's major golf championship and the 137th Open Championship, played from 17 to 20 July at Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport, England. Wikipedia
Men's major golf championship and the 143rd Open Championship, held from 17 to 20 July at Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Merseyside, England. Rory McIlroy won his first Open Championship, two strokes ahead of runners-up Rickie Fowler and Sergio García, and became only the sixth to win the championship going wire-to-wire after 72 holes (being the sole leader after each round). Wikipedia
Men's major golf championship and the 140th Open Championship, held from 14–17 July at Royal St George's Golf Club in Sandwich, Kent, England. Darren Clarke won his first and to date only major championship, three strokes ahead of runners-up Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson. Wikipedia
Sentences for2008 Open Championship
- In July 2008, despite not playing in a major for three years, Norman finished nine over par in a tie for third at The Open Championship after being the 54-hole leader by two strokes.
- He made the cut at the 2008 Open Championship and was in the top 10 going into day 3, before eventually finishing in a tie for 19th place.
- At the 2008 Open Championship, Poulter had the clubhouse lead on the last round before being beaten by defending champion Pádraig Harrington.
- Faldo did not take part in the 2008 Open at Royal Birkdale.
- After a lackluster first half of the following year, Duval reappeared on the leaderboard of the 2008 Open Championship, rekindling memories of his major victory.
- Walton came through Local qualifying to earn his place at the 2008 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, his first major since 1998.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2008 Open Championship