Elections similar to or like 2010 United Kingdom general election
Held on Thursday 6 May 2010, with 45,597,461 registered voters entitled to vote to elect members to the House of Commons. Wikipedia
The legislature of the United Kingdom following the 2010 general election of Members of Parliament to the House of Commons. Convened on 25 May 2010 at the Palace of Westminster by Queen Elizabeth II. Wikipedia
List of Members of Parliament elected to the House of Commons at the 2005 general election, held on 5 May. Arranged by constituency. Wikipedia
Held on Thursday, 8 June 2017, two years after the previous general election in 2015. The governing Conservative Party remained the largest single party in the House of Commons but lost its small overall majority, resulting in the formation of a Conservative-led minority government with a confidence-and-supply agreement with the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) of Northern Ireland. Wikipedia
List of Members of Parliament elected to the House of Commons at the 2001 general election, held on 7 June. Arranged by constituency. Wikipedia
Sentences for2010 United Kingdom general election
- When the general election of 2010 produced a hung parliament, the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties agreed to form the Cameron–Clegg coalition, the first coalition in seventy years.
- In the run-up to the 2010 general election, following a meeting of the editorial staff, the paper declared its support for the Liberal Democrats, due in particular, to the party's stance on electoral reform.
- In the 2010 general election Liberal Democrat candidates won three constituencies and Conservative candidates won three other constituencies.
- Following the May 2010 general election, all further moves towards any of the suggested unitary solutions ceased on the instructions of the incoming Coalition government.
- In the 2010 general election, the party retained its five seats, and for the first time topped the poll at a Westminster election in Northern Ireland, winning 25.5% of the vote.
- In the build-up to the 2010 general election, Clegg took part in the UK's first televised party leaders debate; he was generally considered to have performed well, with pundits referring to an ensuing "Cleggmania".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2010 United Kingdom general election