Football matches similar to or like 2014 FIFA World Cup Final
Football match that took place on 13 July 2014 at the Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to determine the 2014 FIFA World Cup champion. Wikipedia
First held in 1930, when FIFA, the world's football governing body, decided to stage an international men's football tournament under the era of FIFA president Jules Rimet who put this idea into place. Contested as a final tournament of only thirteen teams invited by the organization. Wikipedia
Sentences for2014 FIFA World Cup Final
- They played each other for the third consecutive World Cup in the Brazil 2014 event's final, where Argentina were defeated in extra time by a score of 1–0.
- The World Cup Final was held at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro on 13 July, and billed as the world's best player (Lionel Messi) versus the world's best team (Germany).
- Argentina, led by Lionel Messi, made their fifth appearance in a World Cup final in 2014, again losing to Germany, 1–0 during extra-time.
- Billed as Messi versus Germany, the world's best player against the best team, the final was a repeat of the 1990 final featuring Diego Maradona.
- According to FIFA, over 1 billion people tuned in worldwide to watch the final between Germany and Argentina.
- Argentina, meanwhile, lost their third consecutive final in a major tournament, following losses to Germany at the 2014 World Cup and Chile at the 2015 Copa América.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2014 FIFA World Cup Final