Indy500s similar to or like 2014 Indianapolis 500
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana on Sunday May 25, 2014. Wikipedia
The 2016 Indianapolis 500 (branded as the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil for sponsorship reasons) took place on Sunday, May 29, 2016, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana. The premier event of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season. Wikipedia
Held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, on Sunday, May 24, 1992. Famous for the fierce battle in the closing laps, as race winner Al Unser, Jr. held off second place Scott Goodyear for the victory by 0.043 seconds, the closest finish in Indy history. Wikipedia
Sentences for2014 Indianapolis 500
- However, officials may call for a late-race red flag to ensure a green-flag finish, an option that was used in 2014 and 2019.
- At Carpenter's season debut, the Indianapolis 500, Carpenter qualified on pole position for the second consecutive year.
- Wilson started 14th at the Indianapolis 500 finishing eight places lower and two laps down in 22nd after debris damaged his front wing late in the race.
- With DHL, Hunter-Reay won the championship for the 2012 IndyCar Series season as well as the 2014 Indianapolis 500.
- On May 25, 2014, Montoya raced in the 2014 Indianapolis 500 and finished in 5th place.
- In March 2014, Nabors announced that the 2014 Indianapolis 500 would be his final appearance, because health issues were limiting his ability to travel.
- He qualified fourth for the Indianapolis 500, and finished second, 0.0600 seconds behind Hunter-Reay in the second-closest finish in event history after a late race duel for the victory.
- Hunter-Reay also captured the 2014 Indianapolis 500, with a close victory over Hélio Castroneves.
- The team made its return in the 2014 Indianapolis 500 with the help of Kingdom Racing with driver Sage Karam.
- For 2014, Lazier returned with Lazier Partners Racing to drive the No. 91 Dallara-Chevrolet at the Indianapolis 500.
- At the time it was the closest finish in history and remains the fourth-closest behind the 1992, 2014, and 2006 races.
- Points include qualification points from Time Trials, 1 point for leading a lap, and 2 points for most laps led.
- On March 20, J. R. Hildebrand was hired to run the 2014 Indianapolis 500 with the team in the No. 21.
- For the first time since 2014, all 33 cars were able to take the green flag to start the race.
- His 2014 Indianapolis 500, back with KV Racing Technology in the No. 6 Robert Graham Dallara-Chevrolet, marked his eighth start in the event and seventh consecutive.
- In 2014, Hildebrand joined Ed Carpenter Racing for the Indianapolis 500, driving the No. 21.
- He would not return for his second Indy start until 2014.
- Lazier and the team repeated their efforts in 2014, 2015, 2016 and, for the final time, in 2017.
- Ryan Christopher Hunter-Reay (born December 17, 1980) is a professional American racing driver best known as a winner of both the Indianapolis 500 (2014) and the IndyCar Series championship 2012.
- Its premier event was the 98th Indianapolis 500, held on Sunday, May 25.
- Since then, HPD has won the Indianapolis 500 in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2020, the drivers' championship in 2013, 2018 and 2020, and the manufacturers' championship in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Andretti Autosport has since scored four Indianapolis 500 wins -- 2005, 2007, 2014, and 2017.
- Indianapolis resident Ed Carpenter won the pole position for the 98th Indianapolis 500.
- After the Grand Prix was concluded, the track was closed on Mother's Day, unlike 2014.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2014 Indianapolis 500