Military units similar to or like 2nd Armoured Division (United Kingdom)
Division of the British Army that was active during the early stages of the Second World War. Wikipedia
Volunteer cavalry regiment of the British Army originally raised in 1797. It saw mounted and dismounted action in the Second Boer War and in World War I at Gallipoli, Salonika and in Palestine, where one of its officers won a Victoria Cross at the Battle of Buqqar Ridge and the regiment rode into Damascus with 'Lawrence of Arabia'. Wikipedia
Armoured division of the British Army that saw distinguished active service during World War II, where its exploits in the Western Desert Campaign gained it the Desert Rats nickname. Formed in Egypt during 1938 as the Mobile Division and its first divisional commander was the tank theorist Major-General Sir Percy Hobart. Wikipedia
The military history of the United Kingdom in World War II covers the Second World War against the Axis powers, starting on 3 September 1939 when Britain and France, followed by Britain's Dominions and Crown colonies, declared war on Nazi Germany in response to the invasion of Poland by Germany. Little, however, the Anglo-French alliance could do or did do to help Poland. Wikipedia
Sentences for2nd Armoured Division (United Kingdom)
- In April 1940 the brigade was part of the 2nd Armoured Division, which he was given temporary command of for a month between appointments of permanent commanders.
- Two regiments of the 2nd Armoured Division with the WDF were also worn out, which left the division with only four tank regiments.
- Two regiments of the 2nd Armoured Division with the WDF were also worn out, leaving the division with only four tank regiments.
- The battalion was part of the 2nd Support Group of the 2nd Armoured Division and then the 200th Guards Brigade until June 1942.
- On 3 April the 2nd Armoured Division retreated from Antelat, deserting No. 6 Squadron RAF which had arrived and been attached to it.
- After this, the tanks of the 7th Armoured Division, after eight months of fighting, needed a complete overhaul and the division was withdrawn to Cairo and temporarily ceased to be available as a fighting formation being replaced in the line by the 2nd Armoured Division.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: 2nd Armoured Division (United Kingdom)