Philippines court cases similar to or like ABS-CBN franchise renewal controversy
National dispute in the Philippines regarding the renewal of the congressional franchise that would have allowed Philippine media network ABS-CBN continued broadcasting rights in the Philippines. Wikipedia
Philippine commercial television and new media network that serves as the flagship property of ABS-CBN Corporation, a company under the Lopez Group. Headquartered at the ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center in Quezon City, with additional offices and production facilities in 25 major cities including Baguio, Naga, Bacolod, Iloilo, Cebu, and Davao. Wikipedia
Philippine free-to-air blocktime broadcast television network that serves as a flagship property of ZOE Broadcasting Network in partnership with ABS-CBN Corporation through a blocktime agreement. DZOE-TV which carries the VHF Channel 11 and UHF Channel 20 (digital broadcast; since November 12, 2020). Wikipedia
Sentences forABS-CBN franchise renewal controversy
- On June 30, 2020, all the digital channels of ABS-CBN TVplus were forced to stop operations due to the alias cease-and-desist order (ACDO) issued by the National Telecommunications Commission.
- ABS-CBN, at the time the largest network was shut down following a cease and desist order issued by the National Telecommunications Commission on May 5, 2020, a day after the expiration of the network's franchise.
- In addition, shows from the foreclosed ABS-CBN were announced to be transferred to TV5 as the former implemented retrenchments following the non-renewal of its broadcast franchise.
- Due to the loss of congressional franchise of ABS-CBN, GMA Network will air the future seasons of the NCAA for 5 years, from Seasons 96 to 101.
- The program normally airs on the network in the evening until May 5, 2020, when the network was forced to cease and desist its broadcasting operations by orders of the National Telecommunications Commisssion.
- Two days after the joke, Quiboloy instead threatened that he will not only stop FPJ's Ang Probinsyano and shut down ABS-CBN as a whole within 4 months.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: ABS-CBN franchise renewal controversy