Countries similar to or like Abkhazia
Partially recognized state in the South Caucasus, recognised by most countries as part of Georgia, which views the region as an autonomous republic. Wikipedia
An international diplomatic crisis between Georgia and Russia began in 2008, when Russia announced that it would no longer participate in the Commonwealth of Independent States economic sanctions imposed on Abkhazia in 1996 and established direct relations with the separatist authorities in Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Linked to the push for Georgia to receive a NATO Membership Action Plan and, indirectly, the unilateral declaration of independence by Kosovo. Wikipedia
Abkhazia and South Ossetia are disputed territories in the Caucasus. The central government of Georgia considers the republics under military occupation by Russia. Wikipedia
- Russian forces left the buffer areas bordering Abkhazia and South Ossetia on 8 October, and the European Union Monitoring Mission in Georgia was dispatched to the buffer areas.
- Officially autonomous within Georgia, the de facto independent region of Abkhazia declared independence in 1999.
- Three territories in the region claim independence but are recognized as such by only a handful of entities: Artsakh, Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
- Whilst other regions, such as Abkhazia, attempted to break away from the Georgian state, Adjara remained as an integral part of the Republic's territory.
- In Abkhazia, a minority of the Abkhaz population is also Sunni Muslim, alongside the faithful of the revived Abkhaz pagan faith.
- After 1932, he favoured holidays in Abkhazia, being a friend of its leader, Nestor Lakoba.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Abkhazia