Officeholders similar to or like Abraham Lincoln
American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in 1865. Wikipedia
United States Secretary of State from 1861 to 1869, and earlier served as governor of New York and as a United States Senator. Prominent figure in the Republican Party in its formative years, and was praised for his work on behalf of the Union as Secretary of State during the Civil War. Wikipedia
The 13th president of the United States, serving from 1850 to 1853, the last to be a member of the Whig Party while in the White House. Elected as the 12th U.S. Vice President in 1848, and succeeded to the presidency in July 1850 upon the death of U.S. President Zachary Taylor. Wikipedia
Sentences forAbraham Lincoln
- The historic Ford's Theatre, site of the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln, continues to operate as a functioning performance space as well as a museum.
- This fracturing of the Democrats led to a Republican victory and Abraham Lincoln was elected the 16th President of the United States.
- The party abolished chattel slavery under Abraham Lincoln, defeated the Slave Power, and gave blacks the legal right to vote during Reconstruction in the late 1860s.
- The Republican Party first came to power in the elections of 1860 when it won control of both houses of Congress and its candidate, former congressman Abraham Lincoln, was elected president.
- These issues also helped propel another Illinoisan, Abraham Lincoln, to the national stage.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Abraham Lincoln