Musical artists similar to or like Ace of Base
Swedish pop group, originally consisting of Ulf Ekberg and three siblings, Jonas Berggren, Linn Berggren and Jenny Berggren. Wikipedia
Swedish singer-songwriter, musician, businessman and television and film producer, best known as a founding member of the pop group Ace of Base, along with siblings Jonas Berggren, Linn Berggren and Jenny Berggren. Ace of Base released its debut album in 1992 and went on to attain major chart success throughout the 1990s. Wikipedia
Gyllene Tider ("Golden Ages") are a Swedish pop group fronted by Roxette-singer, guitarist and songwriter Per Gessle. They are one of the best selling Swedish bands ever and are known in Scandinavia for numerous hits, starting with the break-through song "Flickorna på TV2" in 1980. Wikipedia
Swedish-American indie pop duo consisting of Shpresa Lleshaj and Cole Randall. Lleshaj, from Stockholm, and Randall, from Minneapolis, met in 2012 on SoundCloud when Lleshaj began commenting on the tracks Randall had posted and the two discovered they appreciated each other's music. Wikipedia
Swedish pop singer-songwriter, pianist and painter, known for forming pop rock duo Roxette in 1986 alongside Per Gessle. The duo achieved international success in the late 1980s and early '90s with their albums Look Sharp! (1988) and Joyride (1991), and had six top two hits on the Billboard Hot 100: "The Look", "Listen to Your Heart", "Dangerous", "It Must Have Been Love", "Joyride" and "Fading Like a Flower (Every Time You Leave)". Wikipedia
The Happenings are a pop music group that originated in the 1960s. Members of the original group, created in the spring of 1961 and initially called "The Four Graduates" because all had just graduated from high school in Paterson, New Jersey, were Bob Miranda, David Libert, Tom Giuliano, and Ralph DiVito. Wikipedia
Sentences forAce of Base
- Some acts like the Swedish dance-pop originated group Ace of Base use more pop vocals rather than rap/soul vocals along with the Eurodance sound.
- Bands such as The Soundtrack of Our Lives and Ace of Base are well-known pop representatives of the city.
- Swedish group Ace of Base had also written a proposed theme song, but label Arista Records pulled the band out of the project fearing the negative impact in case the film flopped.
- A few Eurodance artists (including La Bouche, 2 Unlimited, Real McCoy, Cartouche and Ace of Base) made the Rhythmic Top 40, Top 40 Mainstream and the Billboard Hot 100 during the early to mid-1990s.
- "Nel blu dipinto di blu" was the first non American, Canadian or British single to achieve this honor in the rock era, and it was the only one until 1994's "The Sign" by Swedish group Ace of Base.
- On 27 May 2017 Chisholm performed in Mexico City as part of the Classics Fest concert series, which also featured performances by Vanilla Ice and Jenny Berggren of Ace of Base, held at the Auditorio Blackberry.
- Some of the most well-known Nordic music groups include ABBA, Ace of Base, a-ha, Aqua, Björk, The Cardigans, Europe, Hanoi Rocks, Roxette, The Rasmus, Kaizers Orchestra and The Spotnicks.
- In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Roxette and Ace of Base led Europop in American and British mainstream audiences.
- In the early 1990s, the evolution of reggae fusion reached another musical style in Europe with the worldwide #1 hits "All That She Wants", "The Sign" and "Don't Turn Around" by Ace of Base.
- They both worked on Ace of Base's second album, The Bridge (1995), shortly thereafter, as well as on albums by 3T, Army of Lovers and Leila K.
- He has signed many artists that achieved superstar status, including Janis Joplin, Laura Nyro, Santana, Bruce Springsteen, Chicago, Billy Joel, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Loggins & Messina, Ace Of Base, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, and Westlife.
- Perry became the only artist to spend over 52 consecutive weeks in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, and later heightened this to 69 weeks, with the first five singles from album, breaking the 15-year long previous record held by Ace of Base of 48 weeks with three singles.
- Ace of Base's first album Happy Nation (reissued as The Sign) is one of the best-selling debut albums of all time, and was certified nine times platinum in the United States.
- Other musicians who Perry has cited as influences include ABBA, the Cardigans, Cyndi Lauper, Ace of Base, 3OH!3, CeCe Peniston, C+C Music Factory, Black Box, Crystal Waters, Mariah Carey, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Imogen Heap, Rufus Wainwright, Pink, and Gwen Stefani.
- 1 for Aswad in 1988 and a hit for Ace of Base five years later.
- Their influences include ABBA, Ace of Base, and C+C Music Factory.
- Contemporary critics predominantly gave "Alejandro" positive reviews and noted that it takes influence from the pop acts ABBA, Ace of Base and Madonna.
- As part of the Cutfather & Joe partnership, he wrote, produced and remixed for Peter Andre, Another Level, Damage, Lighthouse Family, Ace of Base, Westlife, Blue, Jamelia, Shayne Ward, Lee Ryan, Lemar, Blazin' Squad and Kylie Minogue.
- Ace of Base had the world's best-selling debut album with 23 million in sales for Happy Nation.
- The song is influenced by ABBA and Ace of Base, the latter being prominent in the beats of the song, the vocals, and the melody.
- Lindsey Fortier from Billboard compared it to Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around" and ABBA's "Fernando", adding that: "By the song's end, Alejandro, Fernando and Roberto aren't the only ones sent packing—the listener is dancing out right behind them".
- Cheiron Studios, spearheaded by Denniz Pop and his protegé Max Martin, helped Ace of Base become an international success, and then went on to creating some of the biggest hits of Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Westlife, to name just a few.
- The channel's playlist was gradually expanding, and, by 1994, included contemporary musicians such as Ace of Base, Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Lisa Loeb, Amy Grant, Seal, and other slightly heavier, or more alternative rock-influenced music than what it had originally played, although favorites such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Rod Stewart, Cher, Elton John, Madonna, Phil Collins, Janet Jackson, and Céline Dion still continued to receive heavy play for several more years as well.
- Additional popular European teen pop acts of the 1990s included Ace of Base, Aqua and A*Teens.
- Bronson has also conducted interviews for Sirius XM including Paul McCartney, Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus and Ulf Ekberg from Ace of Base.
- Other artists who have influenced Tegan and Sara include Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Kate Bush, David Bowie, Mike Elizondo, Pink, Lily Allen, Erasure, Ace of Base, Tom Petty, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ani DiFranco, The New Pornographers, Cyndi Lauper, Sinéad O'Connor, Against Me! and Bruce Springsteen.
- The song "Telephone Manipol" uses Ace of Base-inspired loops, but is an otherwise original song.
- At Arista, Davis signed Barry Manilow, followed by Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, Patti Smith, Westlife, Al Jourgensen, The Outlaws, Eric Carmen, Exposé, Taylor Dayne, Ace of Base, The Right Profile, Air Supply, Ray Parker, Jr. and Raydio, and Alicia Keys, and he brought Carly Simon, Grateful Dead, The Kinks, Jermaine Stewart, Gil Scott-Heron (on whose episode of TV One's Unsung Davis was interviewed) and Lou Reed to the label.
- The film features "Strip" by Adam Ant, "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) (Angel City Remix)" by Bananarama, the Ace of Base songs "Hallo Hallo" and "Beautiful Life", the Rockwell song Somebody's Watching Me and Mariah Carey songs Fantasy and "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time".
- He wrote commercially successful singles for artists including Celine Dion, Joe Dolan, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Leo Sayer, Tina Turner, Glen Campbell, Julio Iglesias, Willie Nelson, Lynn Anderson, and Bonnie Tyler, and bands Ace of Base, Air Supply, Blue Mink, Chicago, Heart, Living in a Box, The Carpenters, The Hollies, The Pipkins, Starship, and Westlife.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ace of Base