Topics similar to or like Adelaide Liedertafel
Traditional German male choir, one of several Liedertafeln, or song societies, in the history of Adelaide and South Australia. Wikipedia
The Pipes & Drums of The Royal Caledonian Society of South Australia were first established in 1894 and are based in the City of Adelaide, South Australia. The pipe band plays at many community and private functions such as street parades, Christmas pageants and weddings. Wikipedia
Sentences forAdelaide Liedertafel
- He was the founder and conductor of the Adelaide Liedertafel in 1858 and composer of church music, including the "Ninety-third Psalm", "Gloria", "O Lord who is as Thee" and "Vater unser".
- Their song was performed at the South Australian Institute soirée at White's Rooms, King William Street, on 14 December 1859 by the Adelaide Liedertafel, conducted by Herr Linger.
- He was one of the founders of the Adelaide Liedertafel and a prominent member of the German Club.
- In 1891 he was appointed conductor with the Adelaide Liedertafel, a post he held until 1914.
- George was co-owner with Robert Wiener (died 1878) of a Rundle Street coffee house, birthplace of the Adelaide Liedertafel, then licensees of the Tanunda Hotel from 1862 to 1870.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Adelaide Liedertafel