Settlements similar to or like Aden
City, since 2015, the temporary capital of Yemen, near the eastern approach to the Red Sea (the Gulf of Aden), some 170 km east of the strait Bab-el-Mandeb. Wikipedia
Socialist country that existed from 1967 to 1990 as a state in the Middle East in the southern and eastern provinces of the present-day Republic of Yemen, including the island of Socotra. South Yemen's origins can be traced to 1874 with the creation of the British colony of Aden and the Aden Protectorate, which consisted of two-thirds of the present-day Yemen. Wikipedia
- Khosrow I sent a fleet and a small army under a commander called Vahriz to the area near present Aden, and they marched against the capital San'a'l, which was occupied.
- The term probably referred to the southwestern coastline of the Arabian peninsula and the southern coastline between Aden and Hadramout.
- Muhammad Ali Luqman founded the first Arabic club and school in Aden, and was the first to start working towards a union.
- It is believed that the first bombing attack involving bin Laden was the December 29, 1992, bombing of the Gold Mihor Hotel in Aden in which two people were killed.
- In a "Friday of Anger" held on 18 February, tens of thousands of Yemenis took part in anti-government demonstrations in the major cities of Sana'a, Taiz, and Aden.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aden