Seas similar to or like Adriatic Sea
Body of water separating the Italian Peninsula from the Balkans. Wikipedia
The Balkans and parts of this area are alternatively situated in Southeast, Southern, Eastern Europe and Central Europe. The distinct identity and fragmentation of the Balkans owes much to its common and often turbulent history regarding centuries of Ottoman conquest and to its very mountainous geography. Wikipedia
The History of Dalmatia concerns the history of the area that covers eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea and its inland regions, from the 2nd century BC up to the present day. The earliest mention of Dalmatia as a province came after its establishment as part of the Roman Empire. Wikipedia
Sentences forAdriatic Sea
- Moderate natural gas reserves, mainly in the Po Valley and offshore Adriatic Sea, have been discovered in recent years and constitute the country's most important mineral resource.
- The Po, Italy's longest river (652 km), flows from the Alps on the western border with France and crosses the Padan plain on its way to the Adriatic Sea.
- The territory of Slovenia mainly (16423 km2, i.e. 81%) belongs to the Black Sea basin, and a smaller part (3850 km2, i.e. 19%) belongs to the Adriatic Sea basin.
- Croatia (, ; Hrvatska, ), officially the Republic of Croatia (Republika Hrvatska, ), is a country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe on the Adriatic Sea.
- Venice has been known as "La Dominante", "La Serenissima", "Queen of the Adriatic", "City of Water", "City of Masks", "City of Bridges", "The Floating City", and "City of Canals".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Adriatic Sea