Topics similar to or like Adult contemporary music
Form of radio-played popular music, ranging from 1960s vocal and 1970s soft rock music to predominantly ballad-heavy music of the present day, with varying degrees of easy listening, pop, soul, R&B, quiet storm, and rock influence. Wikipedia
Broad genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, developing into a range of different styles in the mid-1960s and later, particularly in the United States and the United Kingdom. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, a style that drew heavily from the genres of blues, rhythm and blues, and from country music. Wikipedia
American rock has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, rhythm and blues, and country music, and also drew on folk music, jazz, blues, and classical music. Further influenced by the British Invasion of the American pop charts from 1964 and resulted in the development of psychedelic rock. Wikipedia
Sentences forAdult contemporary music
- After Emotions failed to achieve the commercial heights of her debut album, Carey's subsequent release was to be marketed as adult contemporary and pop-friendly.
- "Something in Your Eyes" was featured on Carpenter's first solo album Time (October 1987); released as a single, it became a US No. 12 adult contemporary hit.
- Buttressed by what Rolling Stone publications later called Hill's "evocative" vocal line and her "amazing pipes", the track became pervasive on pop, R&B, hip hop, and adult contemporary radio formats.
- These stations typically are hybrids of the contemporary hit radio (CHR/pop) and hot AC formats.
- In 1981 she returned to the US charts with "I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)", a Top 20 hit that also reached No. 2 on the Adult Contemporary chart despite stalling at No. 62 in the UK.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Adult contemporary music