Aircraft occurrences similar to or like Aeroflot Flight 1492
Scheduled passenger flight from Moscow–Sheremetyevo to Murmansk, Russia. Wikipedia
Non-scheduled international passenger flight from Orly Airport in Paris to Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow, with a stopover at Shosseynaya Airport in Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg). On 13 October 1972, the Ilyushin Il-62 airliner operating the flight crashed on approach to Sheremetyevo, with the loss of all 164 passengers and crew of 10. Wikipedia
Repositioning flight from Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow to Pulkovo Airport in St. Petersburg. On 28 July 2002, the Ilyushin Il-86 aircraft operating the flight crashed after take-off from Sheremetyevo. 14 of the 16 crew members on board (and the only occupants of the aircraft) were killed. Wikipedia
Tupolev Tu-124 operating a scheduled domestic passenger flight from Leningrad to Murmansk, both in the Soviet Union, which crashed while attempting to land on 11 November 1965. Of the 64 passengers and crew on board, 32 were killed in the accident, and many of the survivors sustained injuries. Wikipedia
Scheduled passenger flight operated by the International Civil Aviation Directorate division of Aeroflot. On 17 February 1966 at 1:38 am local time a Tupolev Tu-114 crashed during take-off from Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow, killing 21 of the 47 passengers and 19 crew members on board. Wikipedia
International passenger flight operated by a Tupolev Tu-154A, registered CCCP-85102, that was operating the second leg of an scheduled Luanda–Malabo–N'Djamena–Tripoli–Moscow passenger service. The plane crashed on into a mountain near Malabo Airport on Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea on 1 June 1976. Wikipedia
Passenger flight from Moscow-Sheremetyevo Airport to Jorge Chávez International Airport, on a stopover at Luxembourg-Findel International Airport, that veered off the runway on 29 September 1982, fatally injuring seven occupants. The Ilyushin Il-62M operating the flight suffered a mechanical failure. Wikipedia
International passenger flight operated by an Ilyushin Il-62M that crashed about 1 km from José Martí International Airport, in Havana, Cuba, on 27 May 1977. The accident occurred after the aircraft hit power lines on its final approach to the airport during poor weather. Wikipedia
Scheduled Soviet domestic passenger flight between Vilnius Airport in Lithuania and Vnukovo International Airport in Moscow, Russia that crashed on 16 December 1973, killing all 51 people on board. The five hundred mile flight suffered a loss of control as a result of a malfunction of its elevator, causing it to crash as it made its final descent into Moscow. Wikipedia
Sentences forAeroflot Flight 1492
- Aeroflot cancelled approximately 50 Superjet flights in the week following the Flight 1492 accident.
- Video of the evacuation of a Sukhoi Superjet that caught fire on landing in 2019 clearly shows passengers on the emergency slides with large suitcases, raising questions as to whether this contributed to the loss of life.
- As of October 2019 the most recent flight number change due to an accident was from Aeroflot Flight 1492 to Aeroflot Flight 1316.
- However, the plane crashed on May 5, 2019, on Flight 1492.
- In other cases, the flight crew may fail to dump fuel when it still had the time to do so before landing, leading to fatal accidents such as Aeroflot Flight 1492 on 5 May 2019, where an apparently needlessly overweight landing turned into a crash that killed 41 of the 78 people on board.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aeroflot Flight 1492