Countries similar to or like Afghanistan
Landlocked country at the crossroads of Central and South Asia. Wikipedia
Geographic historical region inhabited by the indigenous Pashtun people of modern-day Afghanistan and Pakistan in South-Central Asia, wherein Pashtun culture, language, and national identity have been based. Alternative names historically used for the region include "Pashtūnkhwā" (پښتونخوا) and "Afghānistān" (افغانستان), since at least the 3rd century CE onward. Wikipedia
City in Afghanistan, located in the south of the country on the Arghandab River, at an elevation of 1010 m. It is Afghanistan's second largest city after Kabul, with a population of about 614,118. Capital of Kandahar Province and also the center of the larger cultural region called Loy Kandahar. Wikipedia
- Pakistan's cement industry is also fast growing mainly because of demand from Afghanistan and from the domestic real estate sector.
- Obama left about 8,400 U.S. troops in Afghanistan, 5,262 in Iraq, 503 in Syria, 133 in Pakistan, 106 in Somalia, seven in Yemen, and two in Libya at the end of his presidency.
- In 1980, it hosted the Summer Olympic Games, which were boycotted by the United States and several other Western countries due to the Soviet Union's involvement in Afghanistan in late 1979.
- The SAF has sent forces to assist in operations outside the country, in areas such as Iraq and Afghanistan, in both military and civilian roles.
- Italy deployed over 2,000 troops in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) from February 2003.
- Denmark also strongly supported American operations in Afghanistan and has contributed both monetarily and materially to the ISAF.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Afghanistan