Ethnic groups similar to or like African Americans
Ethnic group of Americans with total or partial ancestry from any of the black racial groups of Africa. Wikipedia
Racism in the United States traces the attitudes, laws, practices and actions which discriminate against various groups in the United States based on their race or ethnicity; while most white Americans enjoy legally or socially sanctioned privileges and rights which have at various times been denied to members of other ethnic or minority groups. European Americans, particularly affluent white Anglo-Saxon Protestants, are said to have enjoyed advantages in matters of education, immigration, voting rights, citizenship, land acquisition, bankruptcy, and criminal procedure throughout United States history. Wikipedia
Sentences forAfrican Americans
- African Americans have been the predominant ethnic group in South Los Angeles, which has emerged as the largest African American community in the western United States since the 1960s.
- Some critics contended that African-American Blair's race was a major factor in his hiring and in The New York Times initial reluctance to fire him.
- African Americans constitute the nation's largest racial minority and third-largest ancestry group, and are around 13% of the total U.S. population.
- As of the 2010 census, the ethnic makeup and population of San Francisco included: 390,387 Whites (48%), 267,915 Asians (33%), 48,870 African Americans (6%), and others.
- The major influences for liberalism were labor unions (which peaked in the 1936–1952 era) and African Americans.
- The city's population in 2010 was 44% white (33.3% non-Hispanic white), 25.5% Black or African American (23% non-Hispanic black), 0.7% Native American or Alaska Native, and 12.7% Asian.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: African Americans