Topics similar to or like Age of Enlightenment
Intellectual and philosophical movement that dominated the world of ideas in Europe during the 17th and 18th centuries. Wikipedia
Cultural, philosophical, literary and intellectual movement beginning in the second half of the 17th century, originating in India and spreading throughout Europe. It included philosophers such as Baruch Spinoza, David Hume, Edward Gibbon, Voltaire, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Denis Diderot, Pierre Bayle and Isaac Newton. Wikipedia
The history of Europe concerns itself with the discovery and collection, the study, organization and presentation and the interpretation of past events and affairs of the people of Europe since the beginning of written records. During the Neolithic era and the time of the Indo-European migrations, Europe saw human inflows from east and southeast and subsequent important cultural and material exchange. Wikipedia
Heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems, artifacts and technologies of the Western world that originated in or are associated with Europe. The term also applies beyond Europe to countries and cultures whose histories are strongly connected to Europe by immigration, colonization, or influence. Wikipedia
The history of science during the Age of Enlightenment traces developments in science and technology during the Age of Reason, when Enlightenment ideas and ideals were being disseminated across Europe and North America. Generally, the period spans from the final days of the 16th and 17th-century Scientific Revolution until roughly the 19th century, after the French Revolution (1789) and the Napoleonic era (1799–1815). Wikipedia
Sentences forAge of Enlightenment
- From the 17th century onward, the Enlightenment questioned the power and influence of the Catholic Church over Western society.
- During the Age of Enlightenment, new ideas reached the Eternal City, where the papacy supported archaeological studies and improved the people's welfare.
- Italy was also affected by the Enlightenment, a movement which was a consequence of the Renaissance.
- The Enlightenment in Spain arrived later and was less strong than in other European countries, but during the XIX century liberal ideas arrived in Spanish society.
- Paris was the centre of an explosion of philosophic and scientific activity known as the Age of Enlightenment.
- French philosophers produced some of the most important political works of the Age of Enlightenment.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Age of Enlightenment