Settlements similar to or like Agra
City on the banks of the Yamuna river in the Agra district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Wikipedia
Administrative headquarters of Hisar district of Hisar division in the state of Haryana in northwestern India. Located 164 km to the west of New Delhi, India's capital, and has been identified as a counter-magnet city for the National Capital Region to develop as an alternative center of growth to Delhi. Wikipedia
The history of Uttar Pradesh the Northern Indian state, stretches back technically to its formation on 1 April 1937 as the North-Western Provinces of Agra and Awadh, but the region itself shows the presence of human habitation dating back to between 85,000 and 73,000 years ago. The region seems to have been domesticated as early as 6,000 BC. Wikipedia
- Lahore's prosperity and central position has yielded more Mughal-era monuments in Lahore than either Delhi or Agra.
- On the night of 3 November 1988, the Indian Air Force airlifted a parachute battalion group from Agra and flew them over 2000 km to the Maldives.
- Over time, Mahmud of Ghazni had pushed further into the subcontinent, as far as east as modern day Agra.
- Shortly after the fall of Delhi, the victorious attackers organised a column that relieved another besieged Company force in Agra, and then pressed on to Cawnpore, which had also recently been retaken.
- In 1833 it became the seat of the Ceded and Conquered Provinces region before its capital was moved to Agra in 1835.
- Akbar ruled from Agra and Fatehpur Sikri.
- At Agra, 160 mi from Delhi, no less than 6,000 assorted non-combatants converged on the Fort.
- The Taj Mahal, an immense mausoleum of white marble in Agra, is one of the universally admired buildings of world heritage.
- He is believed to have died on 27 October 1605, after which his body was buried at his mausoleum in Sikandra, Agra.
- In 1644, Aurangzeb's sister, Jahanara, was burned when the chemicals in her perfume were ignited by a nearby lamp while in Agra.
- On the evening of 3 December, at about 17:40, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) launched surprise pre-emptive strikes on eleven airfields in north-western India, including Agra, which was 300 mi from the border.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Agra