Topics similar to or like Aircraft hijacking
Unlawful seizure of an aircraft by an individual or a group. Wikipedia
Unlawful transportation, asportation and confinement of a person against their will. It can also be defined as false imprisonment by means of abduction, both of which are separate crimes that when committed simultaneously upon the same person merge as the single crime of kidnapping. Wikipedia
Germany has experienced significant terrorism in its history, particularly during the Weimar Republic and during the Cold War, carried out by far-left and far-right German groups as well as by foreign terrorist organisations. In recent years, both far left, far right and Islamist violence has resurged and groups have been suspected of terrorism or terrorism plans. Wikipedia
On October 2, 1990, a hijacked Boeing 737, operating Xiamen Airlines Flight 8301, collided with two other aircraft on the runways of the old Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, while attempting to land. The hijacked aircraft struck a parked China Southwest Airlines Flight 4305 first, inflicting only minor damage, but then collided with China Southern Airlines Flight 3523, a Boeing 757 waiting to take off, flipping onto its back. Wikipedia
List of notable accidents and incidents involving military aircraft grouped by the year in which the accident or incident occurred. Not all of the aircraft were in operation at the time. Wikipedia
This article lists individual aircraft of historical or technical significance located in Switzerland. Drafted by the Swiss Federal Office for Civil Protection in the course of the 2008 review of the Swiss Inventory of Cultural Property of National and Regional Significance. Wikipedia
Covert law enforcement or counter-terrorist agent on board a commercial aircraft to counter aircraft hijackings. Sky marshals may be provided by airlines such as El Al (who provide sky marshals on every flight), or by government agencies such as the Austrian Einsatzkommando Cobra, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, German Federal Police, National Security Guard in India, Metropolitan Police SO18 (Aviation Security Operational Command Unit), Pakistan Airports Security Force or US Federal Air Marshal Service. Wikipedia
Sentences forAircraft hijacking
- On September 11, 2001, 19 Al-Qaeda members hijacked four passenger jets within the Northeastern United States in a series of coordinated terrorist attacks.
- According to the Aviation Safety Network, the Boeing 737 Next Generation series has been involved in 22 hull-loss accidents and hijackings, for a total of fatalities.
- Seven fatal crashes, including three hijackings, have resulted in a total of 854 occupant fatalities.
- In the 18-minute tape, played on Al-Jazeera, four days before the American presidential election, bin Laden accused U.S. President George W. Bush of negligence in the hijacking of the planes on September 11.
- On 11 September 2001, American Airlines Flight 77 was hijacked and flown into the western side of the building, killing 189 people.
- On that morning, four commercial aircraft traveling on transcontinental flights from East Coast airports to California were hijacked after takeoff.
- As of December 2019, the Airbus A330 had been involved in 40 major aviation occurrences, including 13 confirmed hull-loss accidents and two hijackings, for a total of 339 fatalities.
- In modern times, ships and airplanes are hijacked for political reasons as well.
- On the morning of 11 September 2001, nineteen men hijacked four jet airliners, all of them bound for California.
- Nine incidents and 12 hijackings have resulted in a total of occupant fatalities.
- While Ben Gurion Airport has been a target of Palestinian attacks, the adoption of strict security precautions has ensured that no aircraft departing from Ben Gurion airport has ever been hijacked.
- Prior to the 2019 accident, a hijacking was the carrier's deadliest accident, when an aircraft crashed into the Indian Ocean due to fuel starvation in 1996.
- The DC-8 has also been involved in 46 hijackings with 2 fatalities.
- Seven Alitalia - LAI flights were hijacked, and 28 aircraft accidents or incidents involved Alitalia - LAI planes.
- The crews are also trained to deal with situations such as bomb threats, hijacking, and terrorist activities.
- As of 31 December 2017 there have been 216 Caravan hull losses from all causes, including 206 accidents causing 427 fatalities – an average of fatalities per hull-loss, with 29.7% of all occupants surviving fatal accidents; and six hijackings causing one fatality.
- On 6 March, a Cypriot passenger jet was hijacked by Chechen sympathisers while flying toward Germany.
- It is about a group of terrorists who hijack Air Force One and the president's attempt to rescue everyone on board by retaking his plane.
- At various stages of the investigation, possible hijacking scenarios were considered, including crew involvement, and suspicion of the airplane's cargo manifest; many theories have also been proposed by the media.
- Avoiding airplane flights for fear of hijacking.
- Just after takeoff, the flight was hijacked by two Palestinians from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – External Operations (PFLP-EO), and by two Germans, Wilfried Böse and Brigitte Kuhlmann, from the German Revolutionary Cells.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aircraft hijacking