Champ car drivers similar to or like Al Unser
American automobile racing driver, the younger brother of fellow racing drivers Jerry and Bobby Unser, and father of Al Unser Jr. Now retired, he is the second of three men to have won the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race four times, the fourth of five to have won the race in consecutive years, and won the National Championship in 1970, 1983, and 1985. Wikipedia
Sentences forAl Unser
- Post race inspection found an improper ground clearance on the side mount skirts, so second-place finisher Al Unser was given the win.
- The Parnelli-Cosworth car took its first victory at the 1976 Pocono 500, the fifth race of the season, driven by Al Unser.
- In 1987, Penske driver Danny Ongais got taken out of the race due to injuries and former Penske driver Al Unser was tabbed as a temporary replacement.
- 1972's race was an odd occurrence, in that Al Unser won the USAC Stock car race on Saturday, and then won the USAC Championship Dirt Car race the following day.
- The victory was the ninth for the Unser family (father Al Unser, Sr. and uncle Bobby Unser each have four).
- The feat has since been matched by Al Unser (1970, 1971, 1978, 1987) and Rick Mears (1979, 1984, 1988, 1991).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Al Unser