Ethnic groups similar to or like Albanians
Ethnic group native to the Balkan Peninsula and are identified by a common Albanian ancestry, culture, history and language. Wikipedia
The Albanian diaspora (Mërgata Shqiptare or Diaspora Shqiptare) are the ethnic Albanians and their descendants living outside of Albania, Kosovo, southeastern Montenegro, western North Macedonia, southeastern Serbia and northwestern Greece. The largest communities of the Albanian diaspora are particularly found in Italy, Argentina, Greece, Romania, Croatia, Turkey, Scandinavia, Germany, Switzerland and the United States. Wikipedia
The following chart lists countries and dependencies along with their capital cities, in English as well as any additional official language(s). In bold: Internationally recognized sovereign states Wikipedia
- The Bush administration's support for the independence of Albanian-majority Kosovo, while endearing him to the Albanians, has troubled U.S. relations with Serbia, leading to the February 2008 torching of the U.S. embassy in Belgrade.
- The French occupation was short-lived as British and Ottoman forces, including a sizeable Albanian contingent, recaptured the country in 1801.
- During the Middle Ages, the Albanians called their country Arbëri or Arbëni and referred to themselves as Arbëreshë or Arbëneshë.
- Culturally, religious tolerance is one of the most considerable values of the tradition of the Albanians.
- Due to the legacy of the Ottoman period, the ethnic origins of some rural and urban Palestinians are either Albanian, Circassian or from other non-Arab populations.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Albanians