Officeholders similar to or like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
American politician and activist who serves as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district. Wikipedia
American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for New York's 22nd congressional district since 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, his district extends from the east end of Lake Ontario through Central New York to the Pennsylvania border, including Utica, Rome and Binghamton. Wikipedia
American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for New York's 25th congressional district since 2018. Formerly a member of the New York State Assembly representing the 136th Assembly District, which includes eastern portions of the City of Rochester and the Monroe County suburbs of Irondequoit and Brighton. Wikipedia
American politician and diplomat who serves as the U.S. representative for New Jersey's 7th congressional district, a rural and suburban district since 2019. A Democrat, he previously served as Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor in the Obama Administration. Wikipedia
American politician and attorney who has served as the United States Representative for Pennsylvania's 8th congressional district since 2013. The district, numbered as the 17th district from 2013 through 2019, includes a large swath of northeastern Pennsylvania, anchored by Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and the Poconos. Wikipedia
American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for New York's 27th congressional district from 2013 until his resignation in 2019. The first sitting U.S. Representative to endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States, and he served on Trump's presidential transition team. Wikipedia
American politician and nurse who serves as the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 14th congressional district as a member of the Democratic Party. Once represented by former Speaker Dennis Hastert, is anchored in the outer western suburbs of Chicago, such as Crystal Lake, Geneva, Oswego, Woodstock, and Yorkville. Wikipedia
American gun control advocate and politician who is a member of the United States House of Representatives from Georgia's 6th congressional district. Once represented by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, includes many of Atlanta's affluent northern suburbs, such as Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, and part of Marietta. Wikipedia
American lawyer and politician serving as a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives, representing New York's 6th congressional district in the New York City borough of Queens, which includes Bayside, Flushing, Forest Hills, Fresh Meadows, Glendale, Kew Gardens, Maspeth, Middle Village, and Rego Park. Previously, she served as a member of the New York State Assembly, representing the 22nd assembly district in Flushing, Queens. Wikipedia
Sentences forAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- ProPublica published screenshots and quotes of group members mocking migrant deaths, questioning if a photo of drowned migrants was "edited" by liberals, and posting sexist and racist jokes on Latino congressmen, including Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- On July 9, 2019, Sanders and Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Earl Blumenauer proposed legislation that would declare climate change a national and international emergency.
- In March 2019, Sanders, along with seven other members of Congress such as Elizabeth Warren and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, signed a pledge written by veterans and their families to bring a "responsible and expedient" end to U.S. military interventions around the globe.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman elected to the House of Representatives, graduated in 2011.
- She stated that her goal would be achieving 100% of U.S. electricity from renewable energy sources, and that she supports a Green New Deal, an idea made popular by first term Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, because "climate change is an existential threat to all of us."
- On September 13, 2019, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez endorsed Markey in a video posted to his YouTube campaign channel as well as her own Twitter account.
- The group also asked politician Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to promote climate-friendly vegan food as part of the Green New Deal.
- Limbaugh strongly opposed the proposed Green New Deal and its sponsor Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- A notable new asset to the democratic caucus is Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who at 29, is the youngest woman elected to congress.
- In February 2019 Markey and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez released a 14-page summary of their Green New Deal plan to address climate change.
- In November 2018, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib, who are members of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), a democratic socialist organization which advocates social democratic reforms that "will weaken the power of corporations and increase the power of working people", were elected to the House of Representatives while eleven DSA candidates were elected to state legislatures.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez became the youngest woman to be elected into either house of Congress.
- On June 26, 2018, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a millennial, won the Democratic primary in New York's 14th congressional district covering parts of The Bronx and Queens in New York City, defeating the incumbent, Democratic Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, in what has been described as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm-election season.
- In June 2019, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, compared the holding centers for undocumented immigrants at the Mexico–United States border to "concentration camps".
- Two Democrats — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donna Shalala — are the youngest (29) and oldest (77) freshmen women in history.
- Other scheduled guest speakers included politicians Mazie Hirono and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; musicians David Byrne and Wyclef Jean; actors and comedians Aidy Bryant, Kathy Griffin, Ethan Hawke, Trevor Noah and Zoe Saldana; businessmen Tim Ferriss, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Guy Kawasaki; and others including Priscilla Chan, Neil Gaiman, Valerie Jarrett, Bill Nye, Robert Rodriguez and Maria Shriver.
- In November 2018, two DSA members, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib, were elected to the House of Representatives while eleven were elected to state legislatures.
- On June 26, 2018, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Puerto rican millennial, won the Democratic primary in New York's 14th congressional district covering parts of The Bronx and Queens in New York City, defeating the incumbent, Democratic Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, in what has been described as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm-election season.
- The New York Times Magazine included Gravel as an example in the rise of democratic socialism in the United States also exemplified by Sanders's 2016 race and the 2018 election of Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "[Gravel's] campaign represents the most absurd form of a legitimate movement on the left that feels little obligation to the Democratic Party."
- Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan became the first Muslim women elected to the House of Representatives; Ayanna Pressley became the first female African-American Representative from Massachusetts; Sharice Davids of Kansas and Deb Haaland of New Mexico became the first Native American women elected to Congress, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York became the youngest-ever female member of the House at age 29.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez