Films similar to or like Alien (film)
1979 science fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Dan O'Bannon. Wikipedia
Science-fiction horror/action media franchise centered on the film series depicting warrant officer Ellen Ripley and her battles with an extraterrestrial lifeform, commonly referred to as "the Alien" or Xenomorph. Followed by three sequels, Aliens (1986), Alien 3 (1992), and Alien Resurrection (1997), directed by James Cameron, David Fincher, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, respectively. Wikipedia
Action/horror film series created by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett. The series began with the four films Alien (1979), Aliens (1986), Alien³ (1992), and Alien: Resurrection (1997). Wikipedia
Alien, a science-fiction action horror franchise, tells the story of humanity's ongoing encounters with Aliens: a hostile, endoparasitoid, extraterrestrial species. Set between the 21st and 24th centuries over several generations, the film series centers around a character ensemble's struggle for survival against the Aliens and against the greedy, unscrupulous megacorporation Weyland-Yutani. Wikipedia
2012 science fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott, written by Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof and starring Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, and Charlize Theron. Set in the late 21st century and centers on the crew of the spaceship Prometheus as it follows a star map discovered among the artifacts of several ancient Earth cultures. Wikipedia
Sentences forAlien (film)
- Examples include Alien and Blade Runner; the LA Times critic Sheila Benson, for example, would call the latter "Blade Crawler" "because it's so damn slow".
- Gilliam confirmed in a 2018 interview that he turned down the offer to direct one of the sequels to Alien (1979), though he did not specify which one of them.
- His BAFTA-nominated portrayal of astronaut Kane, in the science-fiction horror film Alien (1979), yielded a scene where an alien creature burst out of his chest.
- He accepted the job of directing Alien, the 1979 horror/science-fiction film that would win him international success.
- However, there are numerous well-known examples of science fiction horror films, epitomized by such pictures as Frankenstein and Alien.
- Jaws set the template for many subsequent horror films, to the extent that the script for Ridley Scott's 1979 science fiction film Alien was pitched to studio executives as "Jaws in space".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Alien (film)