Topics similar to or like Aliyah
Immigration of Jews from the diaspora to the Land of Israel historically, which today includes the modern State of Israel. Wikipedia
Biblical promise of given by Moses to the people of Israel prior to their entrance into the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael). During the days of the Babylonian exile, writings of the prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel encouraged the people of Israel with a promise of a future gathering of the exiles to the land of Israel. Wikipedia
About the history and religion of the Jews, who originated in the Land of Israel, and have maintained physical, cultural, and religious ties to it ever since. Outgrowth of southern Canaanites, the Hebrew Bible claims that a United Israelite monarchy existed starting in the 10th century BCE. Wikipedia
Country in Western Asia, located on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern shore of the Red Sea. It has land borders with Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan on the east, the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the east and west, respectively, and Egypt to the southwest. Wikipedia
- An influx of Holocaust survivors and Jews from Arab and Muslim countries to Israel during the first three years increased the number of Jews from 700,000 to 1,400,000.
- Individual efforts supported the emigration of groups of Jews to Palestine, pre-Zionist Aliyah, even before 1897, the year considered as the start of practical Zionism.
- There was a significant Jewish community which existed in Kerala until the 20th century, when most of them migrated to Israel.
- Since the 1970s, the majority of the remaining Jewish population emigrated to Israel and other countries, shrinking the Jewish community.
- But in the three years from May 1948 to the end of 1951, 700,000 Jews settled in Israel, mainly along the borders and in former Arab lands, doubling the Jewish population there.
- During the 19th century, national awakening among Jews led to the establishment of the Zionist movement followed by immigration to Palestine.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aliyah