Indian political parties similar to or like All India Trinamool Congress
Indian national political party mostly active in West Bengal. Wikipedia
The 2019 Indian general election were held in India between April and May 2019 to constitute the 17th Lok Sabha. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) made major inroads into the state by winning nearly half the seats, which has been termed a "paradigm shift" in the state's political narrative. Wikipedia
Alliance of political parties in the Indian state of West Bengal. Formed in January 1977, the founding parties being the Communist Party of India , All India Forward Bloc, the Revolutionary Socialist Party, the Marxist Forward Bloc, the Revolutionary Communist Party of India and the Biplabi Bangla Congress. Wikipedia
Indian politician who is serving as the 8th and current Chief Minister of West Bengal since 2011, the first woman to hold the office. She founded the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC or TMC) party in 1998 after separating from the Indian National Congress, and became its first chairperson. Wikipedia
Indian political party formally launched on 26 November 2012; it is currently the ruling party of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It came into existence following differences between activists Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare regarding whether or not to politicise the popular India Against Corruption movement that had been demanding a Jan Lokpal Bill since 2011. Wikipedia
Indian political party coalition led by Indian National Congress. Alliance led by Indian National Congress with following parties: Wikipedia
Third Front in Indian politics refers to various alliances formed by smaller parties at various points of time since 1989 to offer a third option to Indian voters, challenging the Indian National Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party. Coalition of political parties, led by the Janata Dal, which formed India's government between 1989 and 1990 under the leadership of N. T. Rama Rao, popularly known as NTR, as President of national front and V. P. Singh as Convener. Wikipedia
Geopolitical, cultural and historical region located in South Asia, specifically in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent at the apex of the Bay of Bengal, of what is now considered as Bangladesh and West Bengal. Made up by the Ganges-Brahmaputra delta system, the largest such formation in the world; along with mountains in its north bordering the Himalayan states of Nepal and Bhutan and east bordering Burma. Wikipedia
Although a parliamentary democracy, Indian politics has increasingly become dynastic, possibly due to the absence of a party organization, independent civil society associations that mobilize support for the party, and centralized financing of elections. Seen from national level down to district level. Wikipedia
Sentences forAll India Trinamool Congress
- All India Trinamool Congress won with an enhanced majority contesting alone and became the first ruling party to win without an ally since 1962 in West Bengal.
- CPI(M) did not win a single seat in Tamil Nadu and its seats went down from 9 to 2 in West Bengal where it is being heavily eroded by Mamata Banerjee governed AITMC.
- She founded the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC or TMC) party in 1998 after separating from the Indian National Congress, and became its first chairperson.
- Politics in Bengal is dominated by the All India Trinamool Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, Congress, and the Left Front alliance (led by the Communist Party of India (Marxist) or CPI(M)).
- , the All India Trinamool Congress controls the KMC; the mayor is Firhad Hakim, while the deputy mayor is Atin Ghosh.
- In August 2019, the Income Tax Department of India had allegedly sent notices to various Durga puja organising committees in West Bengal, against which the ruling party of the state, All India Trinamool Congress (AITMC) protested.
- In the 2016 assembly elections, All India Trinamool Congress won with a landslide two-thirds majority under Mamata Banerjee winning 211 seats out of total 293, who has been elected as Chief Minister West Bengal for the second term.
- Following the general election, with the TMC being an important part of the central government's coalition, the central government eased its controversial land acquisition policy for Special Economic Zones.
- At present, the All India Trinamool Congress holds the power in the KMC.
- According to the 2015 municipal election, it is being controlled by the All India Trinamool Congress.
- Pankaj Kumar Banerjee of All India Trinamool Congress, took charge as Leader of the Opposition.
- On 8 September 2008 the Left Front and the opposition All India Trinamool Congress reached an agreement on Singur dispute but in the next month Tata Motors announced that it withdrew from West Bengal.
- After a long struggle between CPI(M) and Trainamool Congress for control of Khejuri, it came under control of the latter.
- In the previous assembly election in 2011, the All India Trinamool Congress, under the leadership of Mamata Banerjee, won a majority and ended the 34-year rule of the Left Front government.
- The All India Trinamool Congress holds power in the municipality.
- It was a part of the former Left Front government in there prior to the year 2011, when All India Trinamool Congress formed the Government with the initial support of Indian National Congress, and Forward Bloc had various ministers in the state government.
- The All India Trinamool Congress is in the power of this municipal body.
- The All India Trinamool Congress under Mamata Banerjee won 211 seats, and thus was reelected with an enhanced majority.
- AITC released its candidate list on 5 March, the same day the elections were announced.
- AITC won 211 seats, and thus was reelected with an enhanced majority.
- On 18 September 2012, AITC Chief, Mamata Banerjee, announced her decision to withdraw support to the UPA after the AITC's demands of rollback of reforms including FDI in retail, increase in the price of diesel and limiting the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders for households, were not met.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: All India Trinamool Congress