Settlements similar to or like Allahabad
Metropolis in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Wikipedia
- The biggest is in Prayaga (renamed Allahabad during the Mughal rule era), where millions of Hindus of different traditions gather at the confluence of rivers Ganges and Yamuna.
- Sir Muhmmad Iqbal was elected as president of the Muslim League in 1930 at its session in Allahabad as well as for the session in Lahore in 1932.
- Early in the morning of 27 June, the British party left their entrenchment and made their way to the river where boats provided by the Nana Sahib were waiting to take them to Allahabad.
- During the war, Nehru volunteered for the St. John Ambulance and worked as one of the provincial secretaries of the organisation in Allahabad.
- Millions gather at Allahabad to take part in the Magh Mela festival on the banks of the Ganges.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Allahabad