Topics similar to or like Amendments to the Constitution of Ireland
Amendments to the Constitution of Ireland are only possible by way of referendum. Wikipedia
Amendment to the Constitution of Ireland which lowered the voting age for all national elections and referendums in the state from twenty-one to eighteen years of age. Approved by referendum on 7 December 1972 and signed into law on 5 January 1973. Wikipedia
Amendment to the constitution of Ireland which permits the Oireachtas to legislate for abortion. Serious risk to the life of the mother. Wikipedia
The Constitution of Ireland has been amended 32 times since its adoption in 1937. Numerous other amendment bills have been introduced in Dáil Éireann but were not enacted. Wikipedia
Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland which permitted the state to ratify the Treaty of Lisbon of the European Union. Approved by referendum on 2 October 2009 . Wikipedia
Amendment to the Constitution of Ireland which altered the provisions regulating divorce. It removed the constitutional requirement for a defined period of separation before a Court may grant a dissolution of marriage, and eased restrictions on the recognition of foreign divorces. Wikipedia
Sentences forAmendments to the Constitution of Ireland
- Exceptions to this are presidential elections and constitutional referendums in the Republic of Ireland, for which there is no comparable franchise in the United Kingdom.
- Although acts to amend the constitution are outside the annual sequence used for other public acts, bills to amend the constitution are within the annual sequence of public bills.
- In Ireland this is obligatory for bills to amend the constitution; it is possible for other bills via a process that has never been used.
- The Eighth Amendment of the Constitution Act 1983 was an amendment to the Constitution of Ireland which inserted a subsection recognising the equal right to life of the pregnant woman and the unborn.
- Seanad reform proposals may be divided into those requiring amending the Constitution of Ireland via referendum, and those limited to amendment of statute law within the existing constitutional parameters.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Amendments to the Constitution of Ireland