Topics similar to or like American League Championship Series
Best-of-seven playoff and one of two League Championship Series comprising the penultimate round of Major League Baseball's (MLB) postseason. Wikipedia
Given annually to the Major League Baseball (MLB) players deemed to have the most impact on their teams' performances in each of the two respective League Championship Series that comprise the penultimate round of the MLB postseason. Given separately for a player in both the American League Championship Series and the National League Championship Series. Wikipedia
The championship series of Major League Baseball's 2010 season. Best-of-seven playoff played between the American League champion Texas Rangers and the National League (NL) champion San Francisco Giants; the Giants won the series, four games to one, to secure their first World Series championship since and their first since relocating to San Francisco from New York City in 1958. Wikipedia
Annual championship series of Major League Baseball in the United States and Canada, contested since 1903 between the champion teams of the American League (AL) and the National League (NL). Determined through a best-of-seven playoff, and the winning team is awarded the Commissioner's Trophy. Wikipedia
Sentences forAmerican League Championship Series
- The Orioles have won a total of nine division championships (1969–1971, 1973–1974, 1979, 1983, 1997, 2014), six pennants (1966, 1969–1971, 1979, 1983), and three wild card berths (1996, 2012, 2016).
- They played the Houston Astros in the 2017 American League Championship Series and lost the series in seven games.
- Fox also alternates League Championship Series broadcasts, broadcasting the American League Championship Series (ALCS) in odd-numbered years and the National League Championship Series (NLCS) in even-numbered years.
- Down 2–1 in the series and trailing 6–2 in the 8th inning of Game 4, the Royals rallied for 5 runs en route to a 9–6 win before Cueto's gem in Game 5 powered the Royals to a second consecutive ALCS.
- The Astros defeated the Red Sox three games to one, and advanced to the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees.
- After a decade of futility on the field, the Devil Rays shortened their nickname to simply Rays in 2008 and promptly won the 2008 American League Pennant, finishing runner up in World Series.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: American League Championship Series