Racehorses similar to or like American Pharoah
American Thoroughbred racehorse who won the American Triple Crown and the Breeders' Cup Classic in 2015. Wikipedia
Retired American Thoroughbred race horse who was named the American Champion Two-Year-Old Male Horse of 2016 after winning the Breeders' Futurity Stakes and Breeders' Cup Juvenile. After several setbacks at the start of his three-year-old campaign, he won the Arkansas Derby, finished a troubled fourth in the Kentucky Derby, then second by a head in the Preakness Stakes. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred race horse who won the Triple Crown in 1977 — the tenth of thirteen horses to accomplish the feat. One of two horses to have won the Triple Crown while having been undefeated in any previous race; the second was Justify, who won the Triple Crown in 2018 and who is descended from Seattle Slew. Wikipedia
American-bred Thoroughbred racehorse notable for a promising three-year-old racing season that included a second-place finish in the Belmont Stakes and a victory in the Haskell Invitational, cut short by a near-fatal case of colitis requiring abdominal surgery, complicated by laminitis. Most experts believed that even if he survived, his racing days were over. Wikipedia
Retired American Thoroughbred racehorse who is the 13th and most recent winner of the American Triple Crown, accomplishing the feat by winning the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes in 2018. He first attracted attention with a win in his first start on February 18, 2018, followed by two more victories, including the Grade I Santa Anita Derby, to qualify for the 2018 Kentucky Derby. Wikipedia
American Champion Hall of Fame Thoroughbred racehorse known for earning American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt honors in 1988 and defeating 1989 American Horse of the Year Sunday Silence in the Belmont Stakes by eight lengths. Both horses were later voted into the American Hall of Fame. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred racehorse who was the second-place finisher in the 2009 Kentucky Derby. After retiring from racing, he became a breeding stallion, notable as the sire of 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, 2016 Champion 2-Year-Old Colt Classic Empire, and other graded-stakes winners. Wikipedia
Sentences forAmerican Pharoah
- In 2015, American Pharoah won the Derby and another race at Oaklawn before going on to win the first Triple Crown in three decades.
- After American Pharoah's Triple Crown win earlier in 2015, the term became popular; the colt became the first horse to ever accomplish this feat.
- In 2015, Baffert trained the 2014 champion two-year-old colt American Pharoah to win the Triple Crown, the first to do so in 37 years.
- American Pharoah won the 2015 race, becoming the 12th horse in history to win the Triple Crown and the first in 37 years.
- The purse for the 2015 renewal was increased to $1,600,000 due to the presence of Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
- American Pharoah completed the feat in a decisive wire to wire victory.
- It lasted until American Pharoah won in 2015.
- American Pharoah, in addition to winning the 2015 Triple Crown, also won the Breeders' Cup Classic that year.
- Storm Cat also sired Yankee Gentleman, who is the broodmare sire of 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
- The Breeders' Cup Classic was won by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah by six and a half lengths.
- American Pharoah won the 147th Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown since Affirmed in 1978.
- American Pharoah won the 2015 Belmont Stakes on June 6, and became the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Before American Pharoah won the Triple Crown in 2015, some claimed that changing the official Belmont song "cursed" the Triple Crown and was why no horse had won since Affirmed in 1978.
- Because Triple Crown winner American Pharoah was in the race the purse was raised to $1.6 million and NYRA capped attendance at 50,000, making the event a sellout for the first time ever.
- For example, in May 2015 it was announced that Ashford Stud had purchased the breeding rights to American Pharoah from Ahmed Zayat in late 2014 for a reported $13.8 million.
- Victor Espinoza (born May 23, 1972) is a Mexican jockey in American Thoroughbred horse racing who won the Triple Crown in 2015 on American Pharoah.
- For example, he appears 23 times in the bloodline of American Pharoah, the 2015 Triple Crown winner.
- In 2015, the purse was increased to $1,750,000 as it featured American Pharoah in his first race since winning the Triple Crown.
- Although Texas Red was third behind American Pharoah when the two met in the FrontRunner Stakes, Texas Red would win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile when American Pharoah was withdrawn due to injury.
- In the 2015 Kentucky Derby, won by American Pharoah, Nakatani was the jockey of Frammento, which placed 15th.
- This phenomenon continued until American Pharoah's Triple Crown in 2015.
- As the Breeders' Cup began after the 1978 Triple Crown win of Affirmed, the potential for a sweep of all four races only became possible in 1984, and did not occur until 2015 when American Pharoah won the Triple Crown and eventually the Grand Slam.
- Espinoza became the first jockey in history to get three opportunities to win the Triple Crown and earned back-to-back wins with California Chrome and American Pharoah in both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, only the sixth jockey in history to do so.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: American Pharoah