Settlements similar to or like Amsterdam
Capital and most populous city of the Netherlands with a population of 872,680 within the city proper, 1,558,755 in the urban area and 2,480,394 in the metropolitan area. Wikipedia
- In early modern Europe, it had the wealthiest trading city (Amsterdam) and the first full-time stock exchange.
- Amsterdam grew and in the 15th century became the primary trading port in Europe for grain from the Baltic region.
- Both chambers are in The Hague which is the seat of parliament but not the official capital of the Netherlands, which is Amsterdam.
- The deficit required borrowing, primarily from bankers in Amsterdam; five percent of the budget was allocated to debt payments.
- ICE and TGV Thalys high-speed trains link Cologne with Amsterdam, Brussels (in 1h47, 9 departures/day) and Paris (in 3h14, 6 departures/day).
- Amsterdam is the financial and business capital of the Netherlands.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Amsterdam