Units similar to or like Angstrom
Metric unit of length equal to m; that is, one ten-billionth of a metre, 0.1 nanometre, or 100 picometres. Wikipedia
Unit of length in the metric system, equal to one thousand metres (kilo- being the SI prefix for 1,000). Now the measurement unit used for expressing distances between geographical places on land in most of the world; notable exceptions are the United States and the United Kingdom where the statute mile is the unit used. Wikipedia
- Commercially available H-alpha filters for amateur solar observing usually state bandwidths in Angstrom units and are typically 0.7Å (0.07 nm).
- The latter is achieved by applying a bias voltage (of order 10V) between the tip and the sample, as this distance is usually 1-3 Angstroms, a very large field is generated.
- The α helix has 3.6 amino acids per turn with an H bond formed between every fourth residue; the average length is 10 amino acids (3 turns) or 10 Å but varies from 5 to 40 (1.5 to 11 turns).
- Very interesting work was performed by Kundt on plant physiology and chlorophyll light frequencies absorption (Kundt's rule), centred on wavelengths of 6800 Å.
- The telescope is composed of six different wavelength bands centered between 94–304 Å specialized for different solar features.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Angstrom