Spaceflights similar to or like Apollo 11
The spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon. Wikipedia
The third United States human spaceflight program carried out by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration , which succeeded in landing the first humans on the Moon from 1969 to 1972. First conceived during Dwight D. Eisenhower's administration as a three-person spacecraft to follow the one-person Project Mercury, which put the first Americans in space. Wikipedia
The third United States human spaceflight program carried out by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration , which accomplished landing the first humans on the Moon from 1969 to 1972. During the Apollo 11 mission, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed their Apollo Lunar Module (LM) and walked on the lunar surface, while Michael Collins remained in lunar orbit in the command and service module (CSM), and all three landed safely on Earth on July 24, 1969. Wikipedia
The eighth crewed mission in the United States Apollo program, the third to land on the Moon, and the first to land in the lunar highlands. The last of the "H missions", landings at specific sites of scientific interest on the Moon for two-day stays with two lunar extravehicular activities . Wikipedia
Sentences forApollo 11
- On July 16, 1969, Johnson attended the launch of the first Moon landing mission Apollo 11, becoming the first former or incumbent U.S. president to witness a rocket launch.
- On July 20, 1969, almost six years after Kennedy's death, Apollo 11 landed the first manned spacecraft on the Moon.
- On 11 July 1969, "Space Oddity" was released five days ahead of the Apollo 11 launch, and reached the top five in the UK.
- The couple first met six to eight months after his arrival in the U.S. Their first date was watching the first Apollo Moon landing on television.
- After a nearly decade-long national effort, the United States won the race to land astronauts on the Moon on July 20, 1969, with the flight of Apollo 11.
- On the next two missions docking maneuvers that were needed for the Moon landing were practiced and then finally the Moon landing was made on the Apollo 11 mission in July 1969.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Apollo 11