Space programs similar to or like Apollo program
The third United States human spaceflight program carried out by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration , which succeeded in landing the first humans on the Moon from 1969 to 1972. Wikipedia
The third United States human spaceflight program carried out by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration , which accomplished landing the first humans on the Moon from 1969 to 1972. During the Apollo 11 mission, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed their Apollo Lunar Module (LM) and walked on the lunar surface, while Michael Collins remained in lunar orbit in the command and service module (CSM), and all three landed safely on Earth on July 24, 1969. Wikipedia
Sentences forApollo program
- Johnson responded with a recommendation that the United States gain the leadership role by committing the resources to embark on a project to land an American on the Moon in the 1960s.
- After a nearly decade-long national effort, the United States won the race to land astronauts on the Moon on July 20, 1969, with the flight of Apollo 11.
- NASA's share of the total federal budget peaked at approximately 4.41% in 1966 during the Apollo program, then rapidly declined to approximately 1% in 1975, and stayed around that level through 1998.
- In total, about 550 people have visited outer space and reached orbit, and, of these, twelve have walked on the Moon.
- The largest lunar mission since the Apollo program, its purpose was to gather data on the moon's origin and evolution.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Apollo program