Foods similar to or like Apple pie
Pie in which the principal filling ingredient is apple. Wikipedia
Highly concentrated form of apple sauce produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or water to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelize s, turning the apple butter a deep brown. The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than apple sauce. Wikipedia
Typical dessert of the western European countries of Northern France and Belgium; the Canadian province of Quebec, where it is called tarte au sucre; and Midwestern United States states. Single-crust pie with a filling made from flour, butter, salt, vanilla, cream, and brown sugar or maple syrup . Wikipedia
Popular traditional Jewish cigar-shaped filled pancake similar to crepe of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, that is commonly filled with farmer's cheese or fruit, and is traditionally served for Shavuot, and less commonly for Chanukah, and other Jewish holidays. The word blintz in English comes from the Yiddish word בלינצע or blintse, coming from a Slavic word for pancake. Wikipedia
American confection, popular across much of the United States, which consists of two round graham cracker cookies, with marshmallow filling in the center, dipped in a flavored coating. Often associated with the cuisine of the American South, where they are traditionally accompanied by an RC Cola. Wikipedia
Pierogi are filled dumplings of Central and Eastern European origin, made by wrapping unleavened dough around a savory or sweet filling and cooking in boiling water, or pan-frying. Pierogi which consist of noodle dough and have to be cooked in boiling water are associated with the Central and Eastern European kitchens where they are considered national dishes, especially in Poland. Wikipedia
Gazelle ankles (transliterated from Arabic: كعب الغزال kaʕbu lɣazaːl, also known in French as cornes de gazelle, "gazelle horns") are a traditional dessert of the Maghreb in the form of crescent-shaped cookies made of flour-based dough filled with almond paste aromatized with orange blossom water. Gazelle ankles are relatively pricey due to the presence of almonds, and are therefore served as a delicacy at special events, often with tea. Wikipedia
Caramel apples or taffy apples are created by dipping or rolling apples-on-a-stick in hot caramel, sometimes then rolling them in nuts or other small savories or confections, and allowing them to cool. Applied and taffy apples for when there are further ingredients such as peanuts applied. Wikipedia
Variety of liquorice flavoured with the ingredient "salmiak salt" , and is a common confectionery found in the Nordic countries, Benelux, and northern Germany. Astringent, salty taste ; the flavour can be considered akin to tannins—a characteristic of red wines, which adds both bitterness and astringency to the flavour. Wikipedia
Spiced, currant-filled, flat pastry cake similar to an Eccles cake, although it is more oval in shape. Once made and sold exclusively in Banbury, England, Banbury cakes have been made in the region to secret recipes since 1586 and are still made there today, although not in such quantity. Wikipedia
Combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables (such as carrots, potatoes, onions, beans, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes) and may include meat, especially tougher meats suitable for slow-cooking, such as beef. Wikipedia
Sentences forApple pie
- Traditional English dessert dishes include apple pie or other fruit pies; spotted dick – all generally served with custard; and, more recently, sticky toffee pudding.
- Baking was a particular favorite of the New Englanders and was the origin of dishes seen today as quintessentially "American", such as apple pie and the oven-roasted Thanksgiving turkey.
- The apple pie made with American apples became popular, because apples were easy to dry and store in barrels over the winter.
- Apples can be consumed various ways: juice, raw in salads, baked in pies, cooked into sauces and spreads like apple butter, and other baked dishes.
- Ice cream may be served with other desserts, such as apple pie, or as an ingredient in ice cream floats, sundaes, milkshakes, ice cream cakes and even baked items, such as Baked Alaska.
- Foods served at the annual Minnesota State Fair have traditionally included watermelon pickles, baked beans, buffalo burgers, deep-fried cheese curds, cotton candy, glazed ham and homemade apple pie.
- Apples are an important ingredient in many desserts, such as apple pie, apple crumble, apple crisp and apple cake.
- Iconic American dishes such as apple pie, fried chicken, pizza, hamburgers, and hot dogs derive from the recipes of various immigrants and domestic innovations.
- Apple pie is a traditional choice, though any pie with sweet fillings may be served à la mode.
- Sweet pies may be filled with fruit (as in an apple pie), nuts (pecan pie), brown sugar (sugar pie) or sweetened vegetables (rhubarb pie).
- The first apple pie recipe was published in 1381.
- Thus an apple pie is a cultural icon of the United States', but its significance varies among Americans.
- In her book Thinking Class: Sketches from a Cultural Worker, author Joanna Kadi joked that Jasmine is "as Arab as baseball and apple pie."
- The title is borrowed from the song of the same name and refers to a scene in the film, in which the protagonist is caught masturbating with a pie after being told that third base feels like "warm apple pie".
- Mock apple pie is made using Ritz (or similar) crackers.
- The town is known for its apple pie and its annual Julian Apple Days Festival, which began in 1949.
- Pie is the usual dessert, especially those made from pumpkins, apples, or pecans.
- While some British foods have been just as nativised in the U.S. such as apple pie, whisky, macaroni and cheese and sandwiches.
- The group's second mini album was released in March 2016 titled A Delicate Sense, two months later the group released the song “Apple Pie” which ended up being their last single before the group's official disbandment in May 2018 following their contract expiration.
- They are popularly used in many apple dishes, such as apple pie, apple cobbler, apple crumble, and apple cake.
- On birthdays all kinds of cakes and cookies are eaten, including appeltaart, ', bossche bol, ', ', ' (cookies filled with almond meal), ', janhagel, , ', ', ', ', ', ', peperkoek (gingerbread), ', spekkoek (originally from Indonesia), ', tompouce, ', ', ', and stroopwafel''.
- English desserts include (Bramley) apple pie, cherry pie, bread and butter pudding, bread pudding, fruit crumble, fruit cobbler, Eve's pudding, Dorset apple cake, baked apple, gooseberry fool, sticky toffee pudding, treacle tart, treacle sponge pudding (made with golden syrup), jam roly-poly, spotted dick, Bakewell tart, trifle, rice pudding, Eton mess, cheesecake/curd tart, Sussex pond pudding, summer pudding, Cabinet pudding, English custard tart and, since the 1970s, lemon meringue pie and banoffee pie.
- General Motors South Africa used the term braai in the 1970s in its localized jingle "Braaivleis, rugby, sunny skies, and Chevrolet">Chevrolet" to advertise their cars in South Africa — equivalent to the slogan "baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet" in the US and, to a lesser extent, "football, meat pies, kangaroos & Holden Cars" used in Australia.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Apple pie