Bodies of water similar to or like Arabian Sea
Region of the northern Indian Ocean bounded on the north by Pakistan, Iran, and the Gulf of Oman, on the west by the Gulf of Aden, Guardafui Channel and the Arabian Peninsula, on the southeast by the Laccadive Sea, on the southwest by the Somali Sea, and on the east by India. Wikipedia
Deepwater gulf between Yemen to the north, the Arabian Sea to the east, Djibouti to the west, and the Guardafui Channel, Socotra (Yemen), and Somaliland to the south. In the northwest, it connects with the Red Sea through the Bab-el-Mandeb strait, and it connects with the Arabian Sea to the east. Wikipedia
Located in Southwest Asia, at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, between Oman and Saudi Arabia. Situated at the entrance to the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait, which links the Red Sea to the Indian Ocean and is one of the most active and strategic shipping lanes in the world. Wikipedia
Piracy off the coast of Somalia occurs in the Gulf of Aden, Guardafui Channel and Somali Sea, in Somali territorial waters and other surrounding areas. Initially a threat to international fishing vessels, expanding to international shipping since the second phase of the Somali Civil War, around 2000. Wikipedia
Country situated in Southwest Asia, the largest country of Arabia, by the Arabian Peninsula, bordering the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea, north of Yemen. Its extensive coastlines on the Persian Gulf and Red Sea provide great leverage on shipping (especially crude oil) through the Persian Gulf and the Suez Canal. Wikipedia
Coastal ecoregion on the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman in Oman and the United Arab Emirates at the northeastern tip of the Arabian Peninsula. Hot and dry, with gravelly plains and savanna with thorny acacia trees inland from the coast.Along the coast there are mixture of habitats that include mangrove swamps, lagoons and mudflats. Wikipedia
The islands of Somalia are located adjacent to the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Guardafui Channel at the apex of its territory, and the Somali Sea to the east. Somalia's only islands in the Gulf of Aden are located in the Zeila Archipelago, the largest islands of which are Sacadin and Aibat. Wikipedia
Important maritime trade route between European nations and their colonial territories in East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, British India, Indochina, the East Indies , and Australia for a long time. Dominated by the Royal Navy Eastern Fleet and the Royal Australian Navy as World War II began, with a major portion of the Royal Netherlands Navy operating in the Dutch East Indies and the Red Sea Flotilla of the Italian Regia Marina operating from Massawa. Wikipedia
The costliest North Indian Ocean cyclone season in recorded history, largely due to Super Cyclonic Storm Amphan. The North Indian Ocean cyclone season has no official bounds, but cyclones tend to form between April and November, with peaks in late April to May and October to November. Wikipedia
Piracy has taken place in a maritime area bounded by Suez and the Strait of Hormuz, in the region around the Horn of Africa, and waters surrounding the Arabian Peninsula; in the region of the Indian Ocean from the Red Sea through the Arabian Sea to the Gulf of Oman. Modern-day sea piracy occurs in the region, and has caused international security areas to be declared in the region in the 21st-century. Wikipedia
Greco-Roman periplus written in Koine Greek that describes navigation and trading opportunities from Roman Egyptian ports like Berenice Troglodytica along the coast of the Red Sea, and others along Horn of Africa, the Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean, including the modern-day Sindh region of Pakistan and southwestern regions of India. Now the most commonly accepted. Wikipedia
One of the most active North Indian Ocean cyclone season since 1992, with the formation of fourteen depressions and seven cyclones. The North Indian Ocean cyclone season has no official bounds, but cyclones tend to form between April and December, with the two peaks in May and November. Wikipedia
Intensification of military tensions between the Islamic Republic of Iran and their allies and the United States of America and their allies in the Persian Gulf region. Alleged planned campaign by Iran and its non-state allies to attack American forces and interests in the Persian Gulf and Iraq. Wikipedia
Sentences forArabian Sea
- Along with construction of major roads and railways, the reclamation project, completed in 1845, transformed Bombay into a major seaport on the Arabian Sea.
- The southernmost tip of the Indian Peninsula is Kanyakumari which is the meeting point of the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean.
- Karachi's coastal plains along the Arabian Sea south of Clifton were also developed much later as part of the greater Defence Housing Authority project.
- Ujjain emerged as the predominant commercial centre of western India from the first century BCE, located on the trade routes between the Ganges plain and India's Arabian Sea ports.
- Maharashtra occupies the western and central part of the country and has a long coastline stretching 720 kilometres along the Arabian Sea.
- Karachi is located on the coastline of Sindh province in southern Pakistan, along the Karachi Harbour, a natural harbour on the Arabian Sea.
- The opening of the Suez Canal in 1869 transformed Bombay into one of the largest seaports on the Arabian Sea.
- Mumbai is bounded by the Arabian Sea to the west.
- Karachi has a hot desert climate (Köppen: BWh) dominated by a long "Summer Season" while moderated by oceanic influence from the Arabian Sea.
- Major peninsular rivers, whose steeper gradients prevent their waters from flooding, include the Godavari, the Mahanadi, the Kaveri, and the Krishna, which also drain into the Bay of Bengal; and the Narmada and the Tapti, which drain into the Arabian Sea.
- The coast is formed by the Arabian Sea on the southeast and the Gulf of Oman on the northeast.
- It is on the leeward side of the Sahyadri mountain range, which forms a barrier from the Arabian Sea.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Arabian Sea