Topics similar to or like Architecture of India
Rooted in its history, culture and religion. Wikipedia
The antiquity of architecture of Karnataka (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ವಾಸ್ತುಶಿಲ್ಪ) can be traced to its southern Neolithic and early Iron Age, Having witnessed the architectural ideological and utilitarian transformation from shelter- ritual- religion. As old as c.2000 B.C.E. The upper or late Neolithic people in order to make their shelters, they constructed huts made of wattle and doab, that were buttressed by stone boulders, presumably having conical roof resting on the bamboo or wooden posts into red murram or paved granite chips as revealed in archaeological excavations in sites like Brhamagiri , Sanganakallu, Tekkalakota (Bellary district), Piklihal (Raichur district). Wikipedia
The history of Hinduism covers a wide variety of related religious traditions native to the Indian subcontinent. Its history overlaps or coincides with the development of religion in the Indian subcontinent since the Iron Age, with some of its traditions tracing back to prehistoric religions such as those of the Bronze Age Indus Valley Civilization. Wikipedia
Heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems, artifacts and technologies that originated in or are associated with the Indian subcontinent. The term also applies beyond India to countries and cultures whose histories are strongly connected to India by immigration, colonization, or influence, particularly in South Asia and Southeast Asia. Wikipedia
Sentences forArchitecture of India
- The most dominant has traditionally been Indian; however, Chinese, Arab, and European influences have also been significant.
- In South Asia, Chinese architecture has played a significant role in shaping Sri Lankan architecture, alongside influences from India and other parts of Southeast Asia.
- This renewal was reflected in a flowering of sculpture and architecture, which found patrons among an urban elite.
- Evidence of Indian influence, in addition to religious philosophies and ancient architecture, can be found in the spices and flavors of Southeast Asian cooking.
- The tombs are domed structures built on a square base surrounded by pointed arches, a distinctive style that blends Persian and Indian forms.
- It developed the styles of earlier Muslim dynasties in India as an amalgam of Islamic, Persian, Turkic and Indian architecture.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Architecture of India