Sports leagues similar to or like Arena Football League
Professional indoor American football league in the United States. Wikipedia
Variety of eight-man gridiron football. Played indoors on a smaller field than American or Canadian football, designed to fit in the same surface area as a standard North American ice hockey rink, resulting in a faster and higher-scoring game that can be played on the floors of indoor arenas. Wikipedia
Arena football team based in Cleveland, Ohio, United States, and members of the Arena Football League . The Gladiators played their home games at Quicken Loans Arena, which they shared with the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League. Wikipedia
The Spokane Shock are a professional indoor American football team based in Spokane, Washington, playing their home games at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena. Initially a member of arenafootball2 , the Shock won division titles in all four seasons and ArenaCups in 2006 and 2009 before they joined the Arena Football League (AFL) in its 2010 relaunch. Wikipedia
The Philadelphia Soul were a professional arena football team based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and competed in the Arena Football League (AFL). The Soul made five ArenaBowl appearances, winning their first appearance (2008 against the San Jose SaberCats) and losing their next two appearances (2012 and 2013 both to the Arizona Rattlers). Wikipedia
Sentences forArena Football League
- The Arena Football League, which was founded in 1987 and ceased operations in 2019, was one of the longest-lived indoor football leagues.
- The Arena Football League briefly had a two-game exhibition season in the early 2000s, a practice that ended in 2003 with a new television contract.
- Playoff franchises Pittsburgh Power and Pittsburgh Gladiators competed in the Arena Football League in the 1980s and 2010s respectively.
- The Utah Blaze began play in the original version of the Arena Football League in 2006, and remained in the league until it folded in 2009.
- They played in the Arena Football League from 1992 to 2016 and had won five AFL championships before leaving the league.
- In the last-named sport, the state's most notable team was the Tulsa Talons, which played in the Arena Football League until 2012, when the team was moved to San Antonio.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Arena Football League