Art movements similar to or like Art Deco
Style of visual arts, architecture and design that first appeared in France just before World War I. Wikipedia
The history of art focuses on objects made by humans in visual form for aesthetic purposes. Visual art can be classified in diverse ways, such as separating fine arts from applied arts; inclusively focusing on human creativity; or focusing on different media such as architecture, sculpture, painting, film, photography, and graphic arts. Wikipedia
Architectural style based upon new and innovative technologies of construction, particularly the use of glass, steel, and reinforced concrete; the idea that form should follow function ; an embrace of minimalism; and a rejection of ornament. Gradually replaced as the principal style for institutional and corporate buildings by postmodern architecture. Wikipedia
Sentences forArt Deco
- The buildings have distinctive ornamentation, such as the eagles at the corners of the 61st floor on the Chrysler Building, and are considered some of the finest examples of the Art Deco style.
- Perhaps the most prominent and internationally admired Polish artist was Tamara de Lempicka, who specialized in the style of Art Deco.
- Both buildings were soon surpassed with the May 1931 completion of the 102-story Empire State Building with its Art Deco tower reaching 1250 ft at the top of the building.
- The first half of the twentieth century was the height of Kansas City's prominence, and its downtown became a showcase for stylish Art Deco skyscrapers as construction boomed.
- Expressionist architecture developed in the 1910s in Germany and influenced Art Deco and other modern styles.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Art Deco