Songs similar to or like Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
Song performed and co-written by American singer-songwriter Christopher Cross, which was the main theme for the 1981 film Arthur starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli. Wikipedia
Popular song by the American Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Christopher Cross. Released as a single in late 1983 from Cross's second studio album, Another Page, "Think of Laura" became the singer's fourth (and, to date, final) single to reach the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, where it peaked at No. 9 in early 1984. Wikipedia
Christopher Cross's second studio album, recorded in 1982 and released in early 1983. Although not as commercially successful as its predecessor (it was only certified Gold by the RIAA while his self-titled debut album had already been certified Platinum by the time of the release of Another Page), the third single, "Think of Laura", reached #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1984; it has since proven to be Cross' final single to reach the Top 10. Wikipedia
Song written and performed by American rock musician Bruce Springsteen for the film Philadelphia , an early mainstream film dealing with HIV/AIDS. Hit in many countries, particularly in Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, and Norway, where it topped the singles charts. Wikipedia
This list details Australian people working in the film industry who have been nominated for, or won, Academy Awards (also known as Oscars). These awards honour outstanding achievements in theatrically released motion pictures and were first presented by the United States Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in 1929. Wikipedia
Sentences forArthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- A reviewer wrote of the album, "The results can be more than surprising – who would have thought that Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) could be transformed from nauseating manufactured rubbish into something sultry, smooth and genuinely romantic?"
- On the heels of his Grammy winning first album, and following his #1 hits "Sailing" and "Arthur's Theme (The Best that You Can Do)" expectations were strong enough for this single to debut on the Billboard Hot 100 at #29.
- In addition, the song became Cross's third single to hit No. 1 on the adult contemporary chart, following "Never Be the Same" and "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)".
- After this album, they married and wrote many songs including "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" and "That's What Friends Are For", until their divorce.
- "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross was sung by Criss, McHale, Williams, Guthrie, Lewis Jr., Overstreet, and Colfer.
- "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" appeared as a bonus track on the cassette and later CD releases of the album.
- Its title song, "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)", won the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)