Ethnic groups similar to or like Asian Canadians
Asian Canadians are Canadians who can trace their ancestry back to the continent of Asia or Asian people. Wikipedia
South Asian Canadians ; ; are Canadians who were either born in or can trace their ancestry to South Asia, which includes the nations of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives. Subgroup of Asian Canadian and, according to Statistics Canada, can further be divided by nationality, such as Indian Canadian, Bangladeshi Canadian and Pakistani Canadian. Wikipedia
Process by which people migrate to Canada for the purpose of residing there—and where a majority go on to become Canadian citizens. As of 2019, Canada has the eighth largest immigrant populations in the world, while foreign-born people make up about one-fifth (21% in 2019) of Canada’s population—one of the highest ratios for industrialized Western countries. Wikipedia
Middle Eastern Canadians are Canadians with ancestry, origins, or citizenship from the Middle East, which includes Western Asia and North Africa. Individuals from the Middle East first arrived in Canada in 1882, when a group of Lebanese immigrants settled in Montreal. Wikipedia
Southern European Canadians are Canadians of Southern European ancestry. Southern European Canadian people can usually trace back full or partial heritage to Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Southern France, Yugoslavia, and other nations in, or ethnoculturally connected with, Mediterranean Europe. Wikipedia
Sentences forAsian Canadians
- As of the 2016 census, Asians (both immigrants from the continent of Asia and their Canadian-born descendants) make up the majority of the population at 55.6%.
- Categorically, Indian Canadians comprise a subgroup of South Asian Canadians which is a further subgroup of Asian Canadians.
- For her role in the television series, she has received considerable attention and has publicly discussed the importance of diversity in mainstream media, specifically for Asian Canadians and immigrants.
- The largest visible minority groups in Penticton are South Asian (2.8%), Filipino (1.1%), Chinese (0.8%), and Southeast Asian and Japanese (0.5% each).
- They comprise a subgroup of East Asian Canadians which is a further subgroup of Asian Canadians.
- She focuses her research on contemporary Asian art and contemporary Asian Canadian art, particularly on the relationships between remix culture and place identity.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Asian Canadians