Topics similar to or like Athenian democracy
Athenian democracy developed around the 6th century BC in the Greek city-state (known as a polis) of Athens, comprising the city of Athens and the surrounding territory of Attica. Wikipedia
Sentences forAthenian democracy
- When this tyranny was ended, the Athenians founded the world's first democracy as a radical solution to prevent the aristocracy regaining power.
- Eager to secure Athens' independence from Spartan control, Cleisthenes proposed a political revolution: that all citizens share power, regardless of status, making Athens a "democracy".
- According to this model, the principles of Athenian democracy (as it existed in his day) are rejected as only a few are fit to rule.
- In ancient Athens, the Athenian democracy was restored on three separate occasions following the initial conquest of the city by Antipater in 322BC.
- Led by Cleisthenes, Athenians established what is generally held as the first democracy in 508–507 BC. Cleisthenes is referred to as "the father of Athenian democracy".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Athenian democracy