Ethnic groups similar to or like Austronesian peoples
The Austronesian peoples, also sometimes referred to as the Austronesian-speaking peoples, are a large group of various peoples in Taiwan (collectively known as Taiwanese indigenous peoples), Maritime Southeast Asia, Oceania and Madagascar that speak the Austronesian languages. Wikipedia
The following chart lists countries and dependencies along with their capital cities, in English as well as any additional official language(s). In bold: Internationally recognized sovereign states Wikipedia
List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders. For each country or territory, the number and identity of other countries and territories that neighbor it are listed. Wikipedia
Sentences forAustronesian peoples
- The Cham are descended from the Austronesian people of Champa, a former kingdom on the coast of central and southern present-day Vietnam and former rival to the Khmer Empire.
- Ethnic Filipinos generally belong to several Southeast Asian ethnic groups classified linguistically as part of the Austronesian or Malayo-Polynesian speaking people.
- The other indigenous peoples are Austronesians, their ancestors having arrived in the region less than four thousand years ago.
- Incidentally it is also the first and the longest of the ocean-crossing voyages of the Austronesian peoples, and is separate from the later Polynesian settlement of the rest of Remote Oceania.
- A person of mixed Negrito and Austronesian ancestry were classified based on patrilineal descent; the father's ancestry determined a child's legal classification.
- Most Indonesians are descended from Austronesian peoples whose languages had origins in Proto-Austronesian, which possibly originated in what is now Taiwan.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Austronesian peoples